Arduino Uno R3 Flashing and using for GIMX

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
CH3DD4R

Arduino Uno R3 Flashing and using for GIMX

Post by CH3DD4R »

Hey, y'all. I'm somewhat of a noob when it comes to microcontroller hardware. I have an Arduino Uno R3, and I have a CP2012 board, and I want to make an adapter. I've seen someone do it with Uno, but he gave basically no explanation how. If this has been asked before, I apologize. I'm trying to make an adapter for use with XBOX 360, and would much appreciate it if someone showed me step by step how to flash the correct image to the Arduino, assuming that I haven't used any of the software and have no idea what I'm doing (which is mostly true).

Thanks in advance.
Matlo

Re: Arduino Uno R3 Flashing and using for GIMX

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
I moved the topic to the discussion section.
First you have to remove the atmega328 chip.
Then you have to load the at90usb162 firmware provided here:
http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DIY_USB_adapter
Using atmel's flip tool as explained here:
http://www.arduino.cc/en/Hacking/DFUProgramming8U2
GIMX creator
CH3DD4R

Post by CH3DD4R »

I assumed it would be in support, sorry.

Thanks for the reply. This all seems very clear and straightforward, thanks, but to make sure, it's this that you're talking about when you say the firmware provided on the DIY USB adapter tutorial, right?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

That's it.
GIMX creator
CH3DD4R

Post by CH3DD4R »

Ok, so, I had to get a new Serial to USB adapter. When I flash it, and try to run it, I get this:

Code: Select all

option -l with value `log.txt'
option -c with value `X360FPS.xml'
option -p with value `COM4'
status flag is set
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
GIMX 5.7 x86_64
Windows 10 (or later) x64
Kernel version: 10.0 (10586)
Detected USB adapter: 360pad.
Reset sent to the adapter.
libusb_init: Entity not found.
No controller was found on USB buses.
adapter_detect failed
I also shoud add that the only way I could get FLIP to open up my board was with opening as an Atmega16U2, and I tried flashing the at90usb162.hex and the atmega16u2.hex, neither of them work.

EDIT: To complete the situation's description, I'm using a (very bad) MadCatz third-party controller (It sucks, but it works, so I'd assume it's not an issue, especially since it seems from my googling to be an adapter problem) and I have the serial adapter wired to (serial to arduino) GND to GND, TX to RX, RX to TX, according to the DIY USB Adapter tutorial. But I tried it the other way, too, and no avail. I also tested the USB to Serial, and it works fine in putty when communicating itself.

EDIT: Ok, some fidling with it brings to to a new problem. The bug report has been updated.
CH3DD4R

Post by CH3DD4R »

Ok, so, if I try to install usbdk from the .msi in the tools folder, it just closes immediately, and I installed the LibusbK dll, same issue.