Listening to DS4 Connected to pa4

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
phew

Listening to DS4 Connected to pa4

Post by phew »

Hello,

Ok i have an quite different ambition to use GIMX...
I want to sniff the communication between my controller and the ps4 extracting the value for the Light bar of the controller. Is there a way in GIMX to lissen to already connected devices,
(DS4)---Bluetooth----(PS4)---USB----(PC)
or is my last option to go between the DS4 and the PS4?
(DS4)---bt-----(pc)----usb----(PS4)

Is there a way to Listen to the Communication between a DS4 connected to the Ps4 via blurtooth?
I read the wiki article about the DS4 communication and going through the Protocols in wireshark I could extract my wanted values (the LED color of the controller)

I have no Hardware to test it for the next two weeks but am I on the right path wanting to use gasync and ghid ? or is ghid for reading the controller connected to the pc?

ghid_test for example sais

"This program enumerates the available HID devices and asks the user to select one.
It then tries to read reports and writes force feedback for some known devices (Logitech Rumble Pad, Dualshock 4, Logitech Driving Force GT)."

Does "hid devices" refer to connected to the pc or the ps4?

kindly regards

Philip
Matlo

Re: Listening to DS4 Connected to pa4

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
GIMX does not use the HID layer to communicate with the PS4 and DS4. It interfaces at the L2CAP layer, which is at a lower level.
You may be interested in my l2cap_proxy tool: https://github.com/matlo/l2cap_proxy
You can use GIMX to pair your DS4 with your dongle and your dongle with your PS4, and then use the link keys from ~/.gimx/bluetooth/<dongle bdaddr>/linkkeys with the l2cap_proxy tool.
GIMX creator