Quick question about about getting the firmware onto a Pro Micro

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
LegendOfAB

Quick question about about getting the firmware onto a Pro Micro

Post by LegendOfAB »

Reading some old (circa 2015) forum posts about getting everything together, and one guy's experience in particular is how i want to go about mine. But one thing isn't very clear right now: Back then, he had to do this: Image

In order to put his together properly. However, some updates on the GIMX wiki leads me to believe that method is now outdated, and all i have to do is load up GIMX, and find the "update firmware" option and follow some instructions. Is that true?

P.S: Does anyone happen to know how older wheels (180 degree rotation and whatnot) translate to emulation of the 900 degree rotation wheels like the G27? Is it reasonable after some settings adjustments?
Matlo

Re: Quick question about about getting the firmware onto a Pro Micro

Post by Matlo »

The wiki is the official documentation. Anything on the forum becomes sooner or later outdated.

Older wheels probably work well when the game supports adjusting the rotation to a value near the physical one.
GIMX creator
LegendOfAB

Re: Quick question about about getting the firmware onto a Pro Micro

Post by LegendOfAB »

Matlo wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:13 pm The wiki is the official documentation. Anything on the forum becomes sooner or later outdated.

Older wheels probably work well when the game supports adjusting the rotation to a value near the physical one.
Sweet, thank you. Just wanted to make sure that applied to the Micro as well. I got the feeling that it's somehow...Unofficial even compared to the standard teensy method.