Couple Simple Questions

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
iShadowLTu

Couple Simple Questions

Post by iShadowLTu »

I'm really new here, with the goal of being able to use G920 wheel, on the PS4, with FFB.

Is it enough to just buy the GIMX adapter here https://blog.gimx.fr/product/gimx-adapter/ or do I need something more like a raspberry pi?

Is there a nice quick guide/tutorial for wheel to PS4? Because I can't seem to find one...
GoDlike

Re: Couple Simple Questions

Post by GoDlike »

Hello,

It's simple. You just need adapter from the link you provided and also genuine dualshock 4 to authenticate Gimx to console.

Using a wheel with gimx is mostly same as using mouse or any other device. You also need to have logistics drivers installed on pc.

Just follow general guide on the wiki. Connect turned off ds4 to pc. Connect your wheel to pc. Connect your adapter to Pc and console. Select configuration and voila.

For more info about ffb look here https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Force_Feedback

You only need raspberry pi if you don't want to run pc everytime you play.

We're mostly done with wiki improvements. It will be easie to understand. I promise

Regards,
Daniel
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
iShadowLTu

Post by iShadowLTu »

Thanks a lot! Ordered the adapter a minute ago.
gcardy

Post by gcardy »

Godlike wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:44 pm Using a wheel with gimx is mostly same as using mouse or any other device. You also need to have logistics drivers installed on pc.
I have to say, nowhere in the wiki does it say to install the Logitech drivers. I pieced that together after a few hours of tinkering, but my DIY adapter doesn't seem to work, so the Logitech drivers don't recognize any devices.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

gcardy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:10 am I have to say, nowhere in the wiki does it say to install the Logitech drivers.
Linked from main page: https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Logitech_Wheels
GIMX creator
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Sorry autocorrection changed the word from logitech to logistics :-)

Do you use diy adapter for now?

Lgs driver requirement is a bit hidden on the wiki but as I said were mostly done with wiki redone.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
gcardy

Post by gcardy »

Godlike wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:37 am Sorry autocorrection changed the word from logitech to logistics :-)

Do you use diy adapter for now?

Lgs driver requirement is a bit hidden on the wiki but as I said were mostly done with wiki redone.
Looking forward to seeing the updated Wiki, everyone has done a great job putting all this info together.