Battlefield 5- Start from scratch

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
TiMuRs_ReVeNgE

Battlefield 5- Start from scratch

Post by TiMuRs_ReVeNgE »

I have come to realise I am just much more of a threat on the ground as a soldier with a mouse and keyboard. When I look back on stats from PC K/D and general feel of dominance and speed of game I think M&K. When it comes to vehicles I find the controller gives me the feel I require and feels right for vehicles to have the joysticks and triggers. I am more than capable dominating with a controller only on the PS4 and consistently lead and win various game modes with or without my squad.

With that being said I would like to combine M&K for foot soldier roles and utilise the controller for vehicles in BFV on PlayStation 4 PRO.
REASONING- I want to maintain the relatively low maintenance cost but good quality gaming feel of the console (compared to PC upkeep to stay current) and keep the friendships with my PS4 community friends. Otherwise I would switch back to PC.

Can you please help me start from the very beginning to prepare for the switch to M&K + Monitor? A how to guide as such?
• What PS4 Pro compatible mouse do you recommend?
• What PS4 Pro compatible keyboard do you recommend?
• What 4K HDR Gaming Monitor do you recommend? I currently run a 2018 4K Hisense 50'' but will move across to the- BenQ 28 inch 4K Gaming Monitor (EL2870U). Good or bad move?
• Once I have the M&K How do I apply the configurations? GoDlike seems to be the Subject Matter Expert for Battlefield series with instructions but I do not understand how to apply the configurations? His instructions are really good for those with prior experience which I do not have in this field.
• How do I have all foot soldier relevant functions set for M&K and anything vehicular (including planes) set to controller? Or have both set up and switch between the two?
• Ultimately, Is it worth the switch to M&K on PS4 Pro for battlefield 5?

I know this is all a big ask and would really appreciate the help from this community. I’m sure I won’t be the only one to ask how to start from scratch and we could use this post for others down the track?

Lastly, I don’t believe M&K is noobing, hacking, cheating and all the other slander people throw out at it. It’s simply utilising what tools are available to us to legitimately increase our competitive edge over the enemy.

Thanks in advance you legends.

TiMuRs_ReVeNgE
GoDlike

Re: Battlefield 5- Start from scratch

Post by GoDlike »

Several years ago I felt same as you then I joined GIMX family and im satisfied :)
With that being said I would like to combine M&K for foot soldier roles and utilise the controller for vehicles in BFV on PlayStation 4 PRO.
REASONING- I want to maintain the relatively low maintenance cost but good quality gaming feel of the console (compared to PC upkeep to stay current) and keep the friendships with my PS4 community friends. Otherwise I would switch back to PC.
It is possible and GIMX is very cheap. You can build DIY adapter or buy official one from our shop.

Let's talk about it before I answer your questions. You connect the peripherals to the PC and only the adapter to both PC and PS4. Your devices needs to be compatible only with Windows.

1. At least 2500 DPI without interpolation, 4000 is recommended. I used Gigabyte M8000x and now I use Logitech G502 Hero.
2. I use laptop keyboard so I can't tell, any keyboard will do but it depends on you.
3. Can't really tell, I'm running all Ps4 games on my Alienware M18x Samsung 184HT internal screen through HDMI IN port and it's fine. I don't have HDR nor 4K (not really needed with 1080p on 18,4 inch)
4. Haha, thanks for calling me expert. If you do not wish to modify it (and 90% of poeple don't) you can use GIMX repository and easily download the configuration from program by clicking Help->Get Configs. You connect the devices then and voila. I made the configuration in a way that allows both controller and keyboard controls. If you wish to use controller press PS button on it, when you want to go back to keyboard just press Backspace.
5. They're duplicated and it's all set in the config already, switch between controller/keyboard by using method from 4.
6. Oh it's surely worth it mate. I wouldn't be able to do things like that on DS4 - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2947 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2858

I recommend reading our official guide on wiki - https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

It should introduce you to GIMX and also config editors if you wish.

Regards,
Daniel
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike