Help out another noob :s

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
papamin

Help out another noob :s

Post by papamin »

Hello everyone, I just recently discovered this website and I have a few noobish questions :d

1) So basically, GIMX - substitutes the ps3 controller with a keyboard and mouse? but you need to keep the pc open at all times to use this?

2) Does the ps3 firmware version matter for GIMX? I'm currently running the latest version for online play.

3) can anyone give me an estimate on how much will it cost to make the usb adapter myself?

4) is windows 7 + usb performance worthwhile?

5) my game of interest : bf3, can any1 share their experiences using this?
Matlo

Re: Help out another noob :s

Post by Matlo »

papamin wrote: 1) So basically, GIMX - substitutes the ps3 controller with a keyboard and mouse? but you need to keep the pc open at all times to use this?
Yes. The PC is a strong requirement.
papamin wrote: 2) Does the ps3 firmware version matter for GIMX? I'm currently running the latest version for online play.
No.
papamin wrote: 3) can anyone give me an estimate on how much will it cost to make the usb adapter myself?
About 20-30$ including shipping costs.
papamin wrote: 4) is windows 7 + usb performance worthwhile?
Yes.
papamin wrote: 5) my game of interest : bf3, can any1 share their experiences using this?
Check the Video section.
The result depends on the game, but it always will be a great improvement over a standard controller.
GIMX creator