Playing Nicely With TWO Consoles

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
ExPostFacto

Playing Nicely With TWO Consoles

Post by ExPostFacto »

Does a single instance of GIMX on Linux work with multiple consoles?

Said another way:

I see GIMX supports multiple controllers each with multiple profiles via multiple dongles. Is there a way to pair two or more independent BT dongles with two or more independent consoles located in close proximity to the dongles AND run via a single instance of GIMX?
Matlo

Re: Playing Nicely With TWO Consoles

Post by Matlo »

You can edit up to 8 profiles for up to 7 controllers in a same config.
This can be done with gimx-config using the "controller" and "profile" menus.

Gimx-bluetooth is able to start multiple emu, each one using a different dongle.
GIMX creator
ExPostFacto

Post by ExPostFacto »

So a single instance of GIMX can communicate with only a single console.

Just to be clear, ;-) wink:

If I had TWO PS3 consoles each running Borderlands, output to two tvs, I would need two running instances of GIMX on my Linux box with two dongles-- each dongle paired with a different console and controller-- Yes?

THANX!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

ExPostFacto wrote: So a single instance of GIMX can communicate with only a single console.
Nope, it can emulate up to 7 controllers, each one connected to a different console.
ExPostFacto wrote: If I had TWO PS3 consoles each running Borderlands, output to two tvs, I would need two running instances of GIMX on my Linux box with two dongles-- each dongle paired with a different console and controller-- Yes?
A single GIMX instance is enough. And yes, you need two dongles, each paired with a different console.
GIMX creator