Profile switching

Discuss everything to do with GIMX here
foxy

Profile switching

Post by foxy »

Hi Matlo,

As far as I understand when you select switch back such as when u right click and hold it to ADS and you release right click it goes back to 0. My question is as far as I can see or understand it when u select this option there is no way u can assign any other profile switching to other profiles. If u take this option off u can select other profiles but then u have to manually select ur normal profile. Can you make it so that u can still switch profiles when switch back is selected.

Also is there a possibility that you can make custom functions almost like smart profiles. The reason I ask this is say I want to enter a vehicle and I press and hold a button then it should activate let's say profile 2 and 3 as the ADS. This way if I enter a vehicle it will have other settings such as acceleration and different buttons assigned. I know we can do this manually but then we don't have switch back.
Matlo

Re: Profile switching

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

Try something like this:

Bind '1' to the "enter/leave vehicle" button.
Profile 1 (Hip Fire): trigger='1', switch back=disabled
Profile 2 (ADS): trigger='BUTTON_RIGHT', switch back=enabled
Profile 3 (vehicle): trigger='1', switch back=disabled

Press '1' and it will activate profile 3. Press '1' again and it will reactivate profile 1.
GIMX creator
foxy

Re: Profile switching

Post by foxy »

I tried it and it works like you described but the vehicles I enter require me to hold the button. If I just press it once it performs another in game function and if I hold it it enters the vehicle. The only way I could do it was to bind it to another button. This becomes a problem when I quickly jump out of vehicle and don't have enough time to change back to infantry mode. Is there a way to make the trigger look for holding of button?