Hi from a GFGT/PS4 User

Introduce yourself to the forum before attempting to post elsewhere
AndyFC

Hi from a GFGT/PS4 User

Post by AndyFC »

Hi all,

I'm joining the board today but have been using GIMX for about 6 months.

I got a PS4 in April and predominantly play F1 2016. I'm a casual gamer and only get a chance to hook my wheel up once a week so couldn't justify the cost of a new FF wheel.

I'm so pleased that I found GIMX and thanks to all involved in the project. I bought the components cheaply off eBay (including a Teensy 2++) and made the DIY board.

It took me a few attempts to get it right as I flashed the Teensy with the wrong firmware and then I had to find a Windows 10 config but I persisted.

My main issue now is Windows 10 updates when I want to play so I've recently turned them off.

My full set up is:
  • Driving Force GT
    DIY Adapter
    Windows 10 64-but running on an old Compaq CQ56 (broken screen so I attach via VNC)
    PS4 Slim
The wheel works with every driving game I've tried (F1 2016, F1 2017 demo, Project Cars 2 demo, GT Sport demo). The only glitch I've found (which isn't documented elsewhere) is in F1 2016 is the triangle button, when in the garage, doesn't bring up the car setup as expected, so I have my second DS4 connected too and that works.

Thank you again,
Andy
GoDlike

Re: Hi from a GFGT/PS4 User

Post by GoDlike »

Hello :)

That bug is pretty weird, it may be related to some game updates. Thankfully I see you bypassed this issue.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Matlo

Re: Hi from a GFGT/PS4 User

Post by Matlo »

Welcome :)
GIMX creator