xbox 360 spoofing error

Talk About Anything XBOX here
derp69

xbox 360 spoofing error

Post by derp69 »

So I assembled a Leonardo and a USB to UART together, and I managed to actually have everything running smoothly using a PS3 controller with motioninjoy to emulate a 360 controller in Windows. I played some Halo, everything worked fine. I'd frequently press SHIFT + ESC to go out of spoofing and mess with settings and then spoof again flawlessly.

Then I restarted my computer and the xbox, and now I can't get it to spoof.

This is what I now get:

This is what I get if I reverse the RX and TX pins:

My Leonardo doesn't show up as a controller in windows, I don't know if it did before I restarted... But upon plugging it in now, it shows up as a COM port for a few seconds and then completely disappears in device manager. Could this be the problem?
Matlo

Re: xbox 360 spoofing error

Post by Matlo »

Did you try to unplug/replug the 360 controller?
GIMX creator
derp69

Post by derp69 »

Well, since I'm using an emulator instead of a real one, unplugging the PS3 controller and plugging it back in doesn't seem to help. I've tried uninstalling motionjoy and reinstalling it to sort of simulate unplugging and replugging the controller since motionjoy always has the controller mounted.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

You need a physical controller to make it work.
There's a security chip inside the 360 controllers, and there's no way it can work without it.

The spoof is not performed each time GIMX starts: it's only done once after each DIY USB adapter reset.
GIMX creator
derp69

Post by derp69 »

Ok thanks. Will a non-genuine wired controller that works fine on the 360 work for this? Or does it need to be genuine?

EDIT:

I've got a non-genuine controller connected to windows, shows up fine as a 360 controller but now when I click 'Start' on the GIMX launcher, it says no controller detected. If I click 'Check' it says 'This config seems OK'.

I am so confused as to how I had it working before...
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

If the controller has the same USB VID/PID as a genuine controller and if it works with the 360 (meaning it has a security chip), it should work with GIMX.

Did you try to unplug/replug both the 360 controller and the teensy?
GIMX creator
derp69

Post by derp69 »

Alright I think I have it all working now.

I thought I'd try uninstalling the 360 controller drivers (the libusbk ones that I replaced it with) and reconnecting the controller and repeating until it installed as a normal 360 controller for Windows. Then finally I attempted the replace the drivers again and hey presto, after unplugging and replugging stuff, it now spoofs perfect!

Thank you very much Matlo, first for creating this brilliant piece of software and secondly for your personal help.

I look forward to the xbox1 development and if I start kicking ass with this, you're getting a donation your way!