Angle snapping

Talk About Anything XBOX here
szlovak

Angle snapping

Post by szlovak »

Hello

I think Gimx is quite nice project, it is cheap and has a lot of possibilities to customize. After few hours of playing and tweaking it I just couldn't find a setting that there is no angle snapping (angle correction). I assume that it's connected to dead zone settings and algorithm for mouse to controller translation , but there is so few settings like one dead zone for x axis and one for y that you really can't make it better . I use Abysus mouse @ 1800DPI that is one of the best out there , for sure I have no problem with it and this mouse hasn't got any correction. No matter what dead zone I choose I can't get the circular movement .Compared to Eagle Eye it's very poor. EE has more settings for dead zones than these contained in Gimx. Of course fragging experience is good, especially de-acceleration of original acceleration contained in games makes control even easier, this one works in some way better than this in EE. But regarding angle snapping, am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by szlovak on Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matlo

Re: Angle snapping

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

I think you missed the fact that you should set the mouse at its max DPI value:
http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Mai ... ming_mouse

After increasing the mouse DPI you can convert the sensitivity using gimx-fpsconfig or gimx-config.
GIMX creator
szlovak

Re: Angle snapping

Post by szlovak »

thanks, indeed it has much influence