GIMX as Xbox360 controller

Talk About Anything XBOX here
Matlo

Re: GIMX as Xbox360 controller

Post by Matlo »

My free time is not unlimited => controls first :)

Instead of enabling the controller headset, I would like to make it possible to use PC's audio input/output. My G35 would be very happy to talk to my 360 ^^

From what's written there it's technically possible to carry the audio data over the serial port:
  • mic: PC -> teensy = 8000byte/s=64kbit/s
  • earpiece: teensy -> PC = 4000byte/s=16kbit/s
GIMX creator
McKack

Post by McKack »

Absolutely, controls first ;)
And yeah, I was actually thinking/hoping something like that would be possible, using audio devices connected to the PC instead of being limited to whatever connects to the controller. Intriguing!
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
Ezprezo

Post by Ezprezo »

I apologize if this has already been asked, but I am getting a little nervous about it while waiting for the release for the 360.

I would like to complete a connection to my xbox to try the software before I go out and make a teensy mod and all that jazz, so I was hoping to use the bluetooth capabilities provided.

I have an Asus 1005ha netbook with bluetooth capabilities, and have installed GNU/Linux Ubuntu on it. The bluetooth is working fine. Once the xbox 360 version is released, could I install it, plug in my keyboard and mouse, and have at it? My xbox 360 is an old one, but it does have the wireless controller capabilities. Is this the button I press to activate it between my computer once the software is set up?

Feel free to tell me to look around more if these questions have already been answered. Thank you.
McKack

Post by McKack »

The bluetooth solution is only for PS3 I'm afraid. The USB adapter will be needed for a Xbox 360 connection.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
peshkohacka

Post by peshkohacka »

Last edited by peshkohacka on Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

This firmware is specific for the 360 and won't work with the ps3. It also requires a new GIMX software.

I only tested with the atmega32u4. As far as I remember the compiler only reported an hex size issue for the at90usb82.
GIMX creator
peshkohacka

Post by peshkohacka »

Farlokko

Post by Farlokko »

Hi guys, first of all i'd like to tell you how i'm happy of your awesome work and i'd like to thank you for this! Anyway, i bought a xbox360 and i see that many improvements have been made. Right now i have a genuine controller 360 and all that i need to make the usb adaptor except for the teensy 2.0 and the serial converter. Since i live in Italy and the teensy's seller ships it from somewhere in US, i'd like to know if actually with that components and the new software (0.30 and the specific 360 firmware) it works on 360...??

Thanks for the replies and sorry for my poor english.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I said in the announcement thread for GIMX 0.30 that this feature should be considered as experimental.
This means it may work or not depending on the hardware.

Hopefully this feature will get stable in a future version.
GIMX creator
peshkohacka

Post by peshkohacka »