Incompatible Games

Talk About Anything XBOX here
geando

Incompatible Games

Post by geando »

During some recent testing with different games, I found that some did not react to any input from GIMX at all.

Keys are being sent according to the Terminal/GUI output and the weird thing is, that the Xbox 360 Ingame menu is working perfectly fine.
If you exit the game to the Dashboard, everything works as normal.
Also, connecting the wired Xbox 360 controller directly to the Xbox works fine with those games too.

Following games are affected:
- Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai
- Guitar Hero 2
- Guitar Hero 3
- Guitar Hero 5
- Rock Band

Any idea what could cause this?

(And on a side note: It takes many, many tries to get GIMX to spoof the 360 controller for me. The ring of light on the Xbox shows a connected controller about 9 out of 10 times, but it can take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes of plugging, unplugging and retrying to finally get the "Spoof successful" message box. Is this normal? Once connected, everything works rock solid.)
geando

Re: Incompatible Games

Post by geando »

So I guess I'm the first to discover this, Matlo? :)

All of the mentioned games use a third-party controller besides the official one. Maybe there is some kind of controller identification that tells the game what type of controller is currently being used and GIMX does not send this identification?
Just a guess.

I also tested Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011, which uses the same Gun-Controller as Shadows of Katmai, but in Dangerous Hunts 2011, GIMX is working perfectly fine!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Sorry for the late reply.
This is the reason why 360 support is still considered as experimental.
I have no idea why it fails in these games.
I just created a wiki page to list compatibility issues: http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Compatibility
GIMX creator
geando

Post by geando »

Thanks for setting up the wiki page!

007 Legends is another non-working game unfortunately :(