Tutoriel pour faire fonctionner un volant Driving Force GT sur PS4

La section où l'on parle français !
lioda78

Tutoriel pour faire fonctionner un volant Driving Force GT sur PS4

Post by lioda78 »

Salut !!
Je viens d'acheter une PS4, et j'aimerai utiliser mon volant Driving Force GT quasi neuf avec...
Apparemment c'est possible, mais étant complètement novice en programmation, j'ai essayé de trouver un tuto en Français clair sur le sujet, sans succés. Beaucoup d'infos par ci par là, mais, rien de clair et d'accessible pour un novice comme moi.
Auriez vous un lien de tuto de ce style sous le coude, ou, quelqu'un parmi vous aurait il la possibilité d'en faire un pas à pas ?

Merci d'avance pour votre aide !!!

@+
lioda78

Re: Tutoriel pour faire fonctionner un volant Driving Force GT sur PS4

Post by lioda78 »

Personne pour m'aider .... :roll:
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

If you need fast help I suggesting writing your question in english language as from gimx team only Matlo is speaking french.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
lioda78

Post by lioda78 »

Hello !!
I just bought a PS4, and I'd like to use my almost new Driving Force GT steering wheel with ...
Apparently it is possible, but being completely new in programming, I tried to find a tutorial in French clear on the subject, without success. A lot of info, but, nothing clear and accessible for a novice like me.
Would you have a tutorial link of this style, or would someone among you have the opportunity to make it step by step?

Thank you in advance for your help !!!

@ +
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

You don't need any programming skills. Read the wiki please - https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Most simple way would be to buy official GIMX adapter from gimx.fr and use it to play. It's pretty plug'n'play. You just need to change firmwares if you want it to use on other consoles but that's easy.
lioda78

Post by lioda78 »

Hello, following your advice, I bought the GIMX adapter recommended. I can not use it because I thought we could just insert it between the USB steering wheel and the USB port of the PS4 ... Looking at it more closely, it seems that one is obliged to go through an intermediate PC to be able to use it. Do you confirm that this is the only way to use the GIMX adapter? In parallel, does it possible to flash the internal software Driving Force GT steering wheel to make it compatible with the PS4, and avoid having to go through a PC?
Thanks for your help!!
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Hello,

Yes you need PC or Raspberry Pi (experimental, most support for G29 only) as a proxy device. Reason for that is that Steering Wheels have a lot, REALLY LOT weird interfaces, drivers, incompatibility issues, FFB issues, etc. By using a proxy device we can bypass these restrictions. Proxy's device system (Windows on PC or Linux on Raspberry Pi) is talking directly to the steering wheel through drivers and gimx software sends normalized, standard input to the USB adapter so it works with any steering wheel you connect. Without proxy device it would be extremely hard to ensure compatibility with a lot of devices on the market.

As for the firmware, you only need to flash firmware once, when you want to make it work for the console you own. GIMX official adapter comes with EMUG29PS4 pre-flashed so if you want to use your steering wheel on PS4 you don't need to flash anything.

If you mean flashing internal Steering Wheel firmware then it's not possible. Manufacturer of the wheel almost always locks down firmware for the wheel so you can't modify it. Even If we could then what about pedals, gearbox, etc? It's best to use some proxy device as you see. We can connect them all to the PC and it will work with standard logitech drivers.

I recommend using a PC as RPi support is still experimental, though we had some succesful stories for the other wheels already. It does not need to be some high-end device. Even a Windows 7+ netbook should do.
lioda78

Post by lioda78 »

OK, thank you for your rapid and complete reply... ;)