GIMX 1.00

Updates and News about GIMX
Matlo

GIMX 1.00

Post by Matlo »

GIMX was deeply modified for this release. Expect a few bugs!

Save your configs before upgrading to this version.
In case of critical issues, just downgrade to version 0.51.
Please report issues through the googlecode page: link.

Note for Raspbian users: my Raspberry Pi is broken... so there sadly is no package yet.

Windows users have to move the config directory to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\emuclient\config.
Linux users have to move the ~/.sixemugui directory to ~/.gimx-bluetooth, and the ~/.sixemugui-serial to ~/.gimx-serial.

Known issues

Fixed issues.

Downloads.

Enhancements
  • issue 192: Macro activation
    This allows to specify which macro file should be read for each config file.
    It also gives the possibility to change the macros without restarting emuclient.
    More about this in the wiki.
  • issue 197: [Linux] Get input events directly from evdev
    More about this in this blog post.
  • issue 199: Mouse driving mode
    This allows to precisely control a stick with a mouse, which is very useful for driving vehicles.
  • issue 205: [Linux] Sort the config files alphabetically in gimx-serial and gimx-bluetooth
  • issue 206: [gimx-serial] Do not display serial ports not supporting raw transmission and 500kb/s
    This will hide RS232 serial ports in windows. This kind of serial port is not compatible with GIMX.
Bug fix
  • issue 98: [Windows] Some mouse buttons are not working
    This adds support for the horizontal wheel buttons. It may work or not work depending on the mouse.
    If it doesn't work for your mouse, you should try to assign a keyboard button using the manufacturer's software.
  • issue 194: Wrong device id for events generated by macros
  • issue 198: [gimx-fpsconfig] Bindings not correctly updated
  • issue 201: Wrong default parameters for joystick axes
  • issue 202: [Windows] Empty device name with "multiple mice and keyboards" enabled
  • issue 207: [Linux] Use xdg-open instead of gnome-open
  • issue 208: [Windows] Config files should not be stored in C:\Program Files
    Config files are now stored in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming. This is more compliant with Windows programming rules.
  • issue 209: Wrong button states with controller type joystick or 360Pad
GIMX creator
ajcrm125

Re: GIMX 1.00

Post by ajcrm125 »

Driving mode for the win! :D Thanks so much for doing this. I had intended to but other projects got a hold of me and I just never got around to it. Can't wait to try it out!
Should fork great on BF3 for driving, flying, mortars, etc etc etc. I still like your idea about naming this 'joystick mode' though. ;)
http://gimx.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=466
-Adam
===================
http://www.onecircuit.com
===================
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

If you want to test the driving mode, you can read this thread from this post.
GIMX creator
can

Post by can »

I can't install gimx ver1.0 because of GNU C Library which is lower than 2.15 (Ubuntu 11.10 has 2.13 version of libc6) What do you advise me to do? (i red the tutorial that there is a latency issue with GIMX+bluetooth running on Ubuntu 12.04. So i don't want to upgrade the ubuntu)
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Try with a Ubuntu 12.10 Live USB. If it works (no latency), then upgrade. If it does not work, wait until a fix is found.

You can also install GIMX from the sources.
GIMX creator
HIGH5

Post by HIGH5 »

Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I'm quite sure switching to lubuntu will not fix the dependency issue (ubuntu 11.10 packages and libc6 2.15+).
GIMX creator
snow61

Post by snow61 »

Hi Matlo

I have a Raspberry Pi, can I be of any help to build packages for raspbian? Following the 'build from sources' link is enough?

EDIT : I figured i had to debianized the source tree using the debian folder in the svn tree. But this is not edited to the last version I presume, I got a .deb with 0.5 version. I can just edit the version number ? No dependencies changed?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

When I build a package I run the build script from the build/linux/ directory.
This script asks for a version number, and automatically changes the version wherever needed.
You also have to set your mail in the "Debian packaging" section the debian/copyright.
The debian directory is up-to-date.
GIMX creator
geando

Post by geando »

Great work, Matlo! Thanks!