Improving Gimx 1:1 translation

Talk about anything concerning the source code.
Lucashsmello

Improving Gimx 1:1 translation

Post by Lucashsmello » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:42 pm

I have been working from time to time in improving the mouse/controller 1:1 translation for a long time in my Gimx github https://github.com/Lucashsmello/GIMX/tr ... nhancement. The latest update introduces a simple mechanism to map/translate Axis<=>Rotation Speed. Basically, it just consists of providing Gimx with a csv file that informs, for each axis intensity, its corresponding rotation speed in game. This csv file is game dependent. An example for Destiny 2 (PS4) is found here: https://github.com/Lucashsmello/GIMX/bl ... 2_data.csv.
To provide this csv file to GIMX, just run with option --advconfig. Example:

Code: Select all

gimx -p /dev/ttyUSB0 --config destiny2PS4.xml --force-updates --refresh 5 --advconfig ../destiny2_data.csv
This "advanced configuration" substitutes the mapping/translator function inside Gimx. Therefore, the values you defined for deadzone and exponent will be ignored.

For other games, the data (csv file) must be collected first.

Compilation and installation are similar to original GIMX, you just have to clone my modified version instead:

Code: Select all

git clone -b mouse2axis_enhancement --single-branch --depth 1 --recursive -j8 https://github.com/Lucashsmello/GIMX.git
Please, anyone feel free to test on Destiny 2. I would like to know if it really improves 1:1 translation. I found to be just perfect. :D

Edit: I forgot to mention that this Destiny2 data was collected with in-game sensibility set to 10 (maximum). I recommend seting this value to 10 when testing in game.
NOTE: Only works on PS4! i don't have a xbox. :(
Last edited by Lucashsmello on Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoDlike

Re: Improving Gimx 1:1 translation

Post by GoDlike » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:25 am

This is very interesting indeed. Thank you for your valuable contribution. I'll let Matlo know about this. This could help counteract these acceleration spikes in games.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | Xbox One S
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike

Cybereu

Post by Cybereu » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:10 am

I'm using it for a while and I can certainly tell that is working very well. In destiny I'm using about 13 sensivity 3200 dpi. I notice that the spike what occurs when axis touches last 10% were removed.
Linux 4ev

Matlo

Post by Matlo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:14 pm

Better translation is indeed possible, but we have to find a way to easily produce the game data :)
Very few people are ready to spend hours on calibration before playing!
GIMX creator Donate Shop