Axis orientation?

Talk about anything concerning the source code.
ajcrm125

Axis orientation?

Post by ajcrm125 »

Ok so I fire up gimx-bluetooth and the emuclient, dumping the output to the console.

I can see when I move the mouse the axis values change. But one thing I found interesting is that the X value only shows positive values. Not only that, but it seems to track with the summation of mouse movement instead of mouse deltas. In other words, as I move the mouse to the right and then stop I see the value go to say 324 and then 0. Move it again and stop it becomes 326 and then 0. Keep moving and I see it incremental to 328, 329, 342..etc etc. I would expect it to show the amount that moved as opposed to the summation of movement.
2,2,1,3..etc.

ALso I figured it would show negative values as I move it to the left.

Am I just confused as to how the mouse input gets translated into axis movement?

I figured -X meant left, +x meant right, -Y meant down and +y meant up. And the faster I move the mouse the larger these absolute values.

Thanks for any insight,
-Adam
===================
http://www.onecircuit.com
===================
Matlo

Re: Axis orientation?

Post by Matlo »

Mouse deltas are accumulated over a period (10ms with gimx-bluetooth), and are converted to a stick position that is applied over the same period.
In case movement stops, i.e. there is no mouse report in the last period, the stick goes back to the center.
GIMX creator
ajcrm125

Post by ajcrm125 »

Right .. that makes sense since when you stop moving the mouse the value becomes (0,0) which is the center. What doesn't make sense to me is why you get (+) values for X no matter what direction you move the mouse. If 0 is the center shouln't the values be (-) as you move to the left and (+) as you move it to the right?

And you can see this weird behavior on GUI as well. When not moving, the X axis indicator bar is 50% filled (centered). When you move the mouse to the left, the bar spikes to the right. When you move the mouse to the right the bar spikes to the right.
???

What's the range of values the PS3 wants to see for the Axis? Is it that 0 means centered, 1 to N means left values and N+1 to max means values to the right?
-Adam
===================
http://www.onecircuit.com
===================
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Maybe your configuration is wrong?
GIMX creator