Microchip PIC GIMX PORT (formerly "Serial->USB uC code?")

Talk about anything concerning the source code.
Matlo

Re: Serial->USB uC code?

Post by Matlo »

Did you check the average and worst processing time? This will tell you if the app lags. In case it doesn't lag, your adapter is probably at fault.
GIMX creator
peshkohacka

Post by peshkohacka »

Last edited by peshkohacka on Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ratt

Post by Ratt »

Yep you're right. I just built my own board with decent components and stuff now that I had time, and also included a 20MHz crystal. It works falwless now. The last model was on a breadboard with a 4MHz crystal, with random caps, which had the pins too short and that, I think, miscontacted the IC and then get the IC to bug so that you look up and start throwing nades... fun stuff lol. Also now I'm using a 18F2550 in SO package, cause it's smaller, and I simply didn't need the enourmous 4550 DIP I had.

Also the board has a layout to solder an FTDI and a USB port to make it into a single device (USB-Serial and Serial-PS3 on a single board), but as I dont have an spare FTDI atm what I did was to include two holes on the two serial lines to connect the arduino's FTDI there, and as I said, now it works perfect. I can surely say the pic port is fully finished.

To use a 2550 with a 20MHz, fuses:

Code: Select all

#include "18F2550.h"
#fuses HSPLL,NOWDT,NOPROTECT,NOLVP,NODEBUG,USBDIV,PLL5,CPUDIV1,VREGEN,NOPBADEN
Rest of the code copypasted from last update.

Matlo you don't know how much I would aprecciate if we'd work together and document this port and then upload it to the blog and trunk ;) that's your decission tho.
Matlo

Re: Microchip PIC GIMX PORT (formerly "Serial->USB uC code?"

Post by Matlo »

Hi Ratt,

Please document your work on the wiki!

You can write a new page like http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DIY ... r_PIC_port

Please mail me the source code and I will push it into the svn repository.
GIMX creator
Ratt

Post by Ratt »

Great, will do tomorrow.
0uistyty

Post by 0uistyty »

To bad the post didn't get to it's end.
I would like giving my time to port the code for Teensy3 (ARM Freescale chip) but I don't know where to start.
Maybe it's a big project for newbie like my, but I'm willing to try.

http://diyps3controller.googlecode.com/ ... nk/EMU360/ or http://diyps3controller.googlecode.com/ ... nk/EMUPS3/ or even trunk/ dosen't contain any port's

I'll try to compare original code vs the code included in this thread and guessing wath I will need to change for ARM.

Any hints will be appreciated.

Regards
xiran

Post by xiran »

Ratt wrote:Great, will do tomorrow.
Hi ratt, how are you? i´m very interested in your port of gimx to 18f series, specifically, for 18f2550. But want to do it, for xbox 36o. I'm not very clever, I make my codes with block diagram programs (niplesoft), which makes me direct asm. you can direct me to do?
Edit: Oh, i forget to mention, recently, present me with a project that had to flow at 20 mips, therefore, in the pic I overclock a 18f2550, with that we give power. the problem is that not using usb or serial, vga only send signals, I had to overclock, to handle higher resolutions.
xiran

Post by xiran »

Matlo wrote:Hi Ratt,

Please document your work on the wiki!

You can write a new page like http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DIY ... r_PIC_port

Please mail me the source code and I will push it into the svn repository.
Matlo Hello again, still with the idea of carrying your fabulous gimx, microchip's family, based on the observations of ratt, according mplab tells me, manages to compile in ccs. the problem is exposed ratt ps3 firmware. I have not ps3 ... xbox 360 only. if you could tell me, what i need to change. Thank you again for your time.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Sadly I can't help as I don't know anything about PIC programming...

The only thing I can say is that you need to port the code at http://diyps3controller.googlecode.com/ ... nk/EMU360/
GIMX creator
xiran

Post by xiran »

Ok matlo, for the port, don´t worry, i only copy-paste what ratt does. i only uses the first and second paste-text, save the first as .c, and the second .h, mplab does the rest. i don´t know if that is sufficient. because, i don´t have a ps3 right now. Ok let´s try, in the link that you give me, you give me the files needed for x36o, but if i compare the ratt files, with yours, wich is wich? thanks!