Connect µC to PC

Talk about anything concerning the source code.
NicoHood

Connect µC to PC

Post by NicoHood »

Hi,
i just found your project and you might be the only one who can help me.

But first: please change the capture for comments/registration. I failed so many times and had to reset my router and cookies to register. the last thing i tried was ps3 :/ please add xbox and ps4 and that stuff^^

What i want to do is to create a xbox controller with a 16u2 for a PC. I want to be able to use it as normal controller because xbox controllers can handle rumble. I havent found any normal hid report that works with rumble. Okay your project has no rumble support yet, but thats not the point. I tried the joystick and hid example for the at90usb162. That worked pretty good. (They are nearly the same as 16u2). But i cannot get the xbox driver working. I installed drivers from here: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/de-de ... or-windows
Why doesnt this work? Is it because of my µC or just because that this is supposed to work on a xbox not on a pc?

And btw: I got some usb dumps from a xbox 360 europe controller. The usb main descriptors and the his descriptor. Its weird that it differs from what i found online...

Thx
Nico
Matlo

Re: Connect µC to PC

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

I moved this topic to the dev section because it's a technical question that doesn't relate to GIMX.

I have no knowledge about the 360 protocol used for controlling the rumble.

I think it would be easier to implement a generic joystick instead of a 360 controller.
Maybe this can help you: https://code.google.com/p/adapt-ffb-joy/
GIMX creator
NicoHood

Post by NicoHood »

yeah thats one of the few sources on the web that could work. But it didnt for me. I tried it on a 32u4 (leonardo) but there was just no usb sound at all. i think this wont work. the source also had malware in it and was very complex that i could easily find the bug :/

Well i dont need rumble right now, i want to emulate just the xbox 360 controller. rumble will be the next step. I tried to upload your example as i said but it wasnt recognized by the pc as xbox controller. Is this normal that the pc cannot recognize it and that its only made for the console? I have no xbox to test it. So maybe my µC is configured wrong that is doesnt show up as xbox 360 controller. The ps3 controller worked well. I installed the drivers, so i am wondering what i am doing wrong?!

And where can i find the source for the hex files? I havent found them, are they online and i am just blind?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

https://github.com/matlo/GIMX-firmwares

The 360 controller firmware is designed to work with a PC as a man-in-the-middle (at least for the authentication messages) between a real 360 controller and a 360 console.
It's not designed to be plugged to a PC.
GIMX creator