Non-Logitech wheel support over DirectInput (WIP)

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
dazza83

Re: Some interesting reading regarding GIMX and DI support

Post by dazza83 »

Matlo wrote:Thanks dazza83! I'll contact you when a test version is ready.
Cool no problems. Will also have access from a friend to a thrustmaster tx and thrustmaster t500 if any of them need testing

Quick question will what u are doing also get wheels working on the xbox one. Im assuming no because the g920 xbox ffb protocol is not open source. Or will you be able to use the pc protocols on the xbox one?
isamu

Post by isamu »

dazza83 wrote:
Matlo wrote:Thanks dazza83! I'll contact you when a test version is ready.
Cool no problems. Will also have access from a friend to a thrustmaster tx and thrustmaster t500 if any of them need testing

Quick question will what u are doing also get wheels working on the xbox one. Im assuming no because the g920 xbox ffb protocol is not open source. Or will you be able to use the pc protocols on the xbox one?
Very good question Dazza83 and I just want to say thank you for volunteering to test out the new DI beta app.

For the record, I too have tested it on my Bodnar wheel and so far, I can only get the "Constant" effect working on the Bodnar wheel, not the spring or damper effect. Dazza I'd be interested in hearing your results from your Xbox Logitech G920 wheel, as well as your friend's Thrustmaster TX and T500 wheels. Please post your findings in this thread once you've tested all of the wheels out.

Matlo and I have agreed that there is some sort of clipping problem going on with the app and my wheel and he's trying to sort it out.
Okt4n3

Post by Okt4n3 »

It´s great to know that you´re working on a solution to bring ffb support for G920 on PS4 guys, thanks a lot for your efforts, if you need any beta tester send my a message.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

@dazza83
@Okt4n3
@anyone wanting to help

Please download the following test apps:
http://gimx.fr/download/4777c33d5c1b29f ... test_2.zip
http://gimx.fr/download/4777c33d5c1b29f ... /ffb_0.zip

Run ginput_haptic_test_2.exe and let me know if all the effects work (constant/spring/damper left/right).
Please also run ffb_0.exe, and post the full ffb_0.exe output as text:
  • make sure to unplug any other device supporting force feedback effects (including rumble)
  • make sure to uninstall/disable virtual devices supporting force feedback effects (such as vJoy)
  • open a command window
  • click on the icon in the top left corner
  • click on Properties
  • click on the Layout tab
  • set the width of the _Window Size_ to 240
  • go to the ffb_0.exe directory (cd C:\Users\<username>\Downloads\ffb_0)
  • run ffb_0.exe and let the test finish
  • right-click on the command window, click on Select all, and press enter.
  • post it, and make sure to tell the exact wheel brand and model
GIMX creator
dazza83

Post by dazza83 »

will these work on windows 10? go to load haptic test. screen loads for 1 sec and closes. ffb_0 loads nothing works on the wheel, and then auto closes
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Post the command output as text (as explained in my previous post) for both test apps.
Also make sure to unplug any other device supporting force feedback effects (including rumble).
GIMX creator
dazza83

Post by dazza83 »

ok with the haptic test, constant seemed a little slow/weak not sure if it should have been faster. spring left and right was nice and strong, damper seemed good.

and below is the log from the ffb_0, hopefully i did it correctly.

Code: Select all

Found haptic device: Logitech G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel USB
Found axis with haptic capabilities: X
Supported effects:
  constant force
    types: constant force, custom force, attack, fade, hardware, periodic, start delay,
    params:
      static: all params, axes, direction, duration, enveloppe, gain, start delay, trigger button, type specific params,
      dynamic: all params, axes, direction, duration, enveloppe, gain, start delay, trigger button, type specific params,
  ramp force
    types: attack, fade, hardware, periodic, ramp force, start delay,
    params:
      static: all params, axes, direction, duration, enveloppe, gain, direction, start delay, trigger button, type specific params,
      dynamic: all params, axes, direction, duration, enveloppe, gain, direction, start delay, trigger button, type specific params,
  square
    types: constant force, custom force, attack, fade, hardware, periodic, ramp force, start delay,
    params:
      static: all params, axes, direction, duration, enveloppe, gain, direction, start delay, trigger button, type specific params,
      dynamic: all params, axes, direction, duration, enveloppe, gain, direction, start delay, trigger button, type specific params,
  sine
    types: constant force, custom force, attack, fade, hardware, periodic, ramp force, start delay,
    params:
  triangle
    params:
  sawtoothup
    params:
  sawtoothdown
    params:
  spring
    types: condition, custom force, deadband, hardware, pos and neg coefficients, saturation, start delay,
    params:
      static: all params, axes, direction, duration, gain, start delay, trigger button, type specific params,
      dynamic: all params, axes, direction, duration, gain, start delay, trigger button, type specific params,
  damper
    types: condition, custom force, deadband, hardware, pos and neg coefficients, saturation, start delay,
    params:
      static: all params, axes, direction, duration, gain, start delay, trigger button, type specific params,
      dynamic: all params, axes, direction, duration, gain, start delay, trigger button, type specific params,
  inertia
    params:
  friction
    params:
Playing left spring effect
Playing right spring effect
Playing left damper effect
Playing right damper effect
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Did all the effects also work with ffb_0.exe?
GIMX creator
dazza83

Post by dazza83 »

Yeah sorry effects worked. Damper felt very soft though only small bumps. But there was a effect.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Thanks for testing :)
If you can test it with your friend's Thrustmaster wheels, please do it.
GIMX creator