What works better: DriveHub or GIMX ?

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
ogro_himself

What works better: DriveHub or GIMX ?

Post by ogro_himself »

Hello,
Sorry about the noob questions, but I searched the forums and YT tutorials and found no updated info on what I'm asking.

My objective is to to plug my G27 on PS4. After research, I found some options in Cronusmax, GIMX and DriveHub.

In some older posts and videos I found people having input lag and dead zones on the wheel when using adapters, but it looks like some issues were fixed with software updates.

GIMX is my first option. Since I already have a Raspberry PI the investment, the investment to build the GIMX adapter lower. On the other hand, DriveHub looks easier to set up.

My question is: what is the current status for those adapters regarding latency, input lag, dead zones, etc... ? Which option do you recommend, considering performance, costs, etc ?

I'm from Brazil and these things are a lot expensive to order internationally, and the shipping times are huge. I would be pissed if after finally getting my hands on the adapter I end up with issues that could be avoided if I picked up the other one.

Thanks for your time :)
kaiba_seto2004

Re: What works better: DriveHub or GIMX ?

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Hello, welcome to GIMX community.

I also got a Momo racing wheel, when playing with Gimx I didn't notice any input lag. So you can try it yourself. A windows version of Gimx is the most easiest way to get started. You can also use a pre-config image of Raspian for using on your Raspberry Pi.
On the other hand, I've never tried Drivehub since Gimx was so good for me (in my option). So I can't tell you which one is better.
PS4 enthusiast.
ogro_himself

Post by ogro_himself »

Just knowing that GIMX worked fine without input lag helps me. Thank you!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

GIMX is more flexible in many ways.
GIMX creator