Sony was jealous at GIMX so...

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
HIGH5

Sony was jealous at GIMX so...

Post by HIGH5 »

They made (another way to steal your money)
A mouse and keyboard controller for the PlayStation 3 will be making its way to store shelves on November 2, 2011. Licensed by Sony Computer Entertainment, HORI will be manufacturing the so-called Tactical Assault Commander 3 peripheral set, which sells for ¥9800, or US$127.

The Tactical Commander 3 consists of an optical right-handed mouse and a keypad for the left hand with WASD-style keys. The pad also includes an easy-access D-Pad comes attached with a palm rest.

Tracking resolution on the optical mouse is unclear, but it's doubtful that the mouse can match the capabilities of a true gaming mouse for the PC. However, the mouse will come equipped with a DPI/sensitivity toggle for more precise aiming.

Sony has not yet announced what games it plans to support with the peripherals at this time. It's curious to see if the company plans to offer mouse and keyboard support for first person shooters like Killzone 3 and Resistance 3, which would undoubtedly benefit from the precision offered by the peripherals.
Cybereu

Re: Sony was jealous at GIMX so...

Post by Cybereu »

Beatiful, maybe i buy one to use with GIMX, why not ? =)

And i think its good news to GIMX, games coming with mouse/keyboard support will make mouse translation of GIMX easy, GIMX have more then that, have 8 layouts for each controller, imput another joysticks etc, GIMX have my eternal love =)
Zero

Post by Zero »

actually the layout of the keys is horible.
And the mouse has only 2 side buttons from what I can tell.

Tho we might be able to use it to improve GIMX emulation Issue 99
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I think the quality and functionality of this stuff are not going to measure up to my n52te+G500 combo...

It's probably just behaving a sixaxis (no extra buttons).

The big news is, it is licensed by Sony: gamepad players won't be able to call us cheaters anymore.
GIMX creator
HIGH5

Post by HIGH5 »

Looks like an epic fail to me, and at $127 it's a fucken ripoff.
The only games to support this are most likely the ps3 exclusives, though as Matlo said we are legit now :D
B|G1

Post by B|G1 »

Have anyone tried this? How is it compared to Eagle Eye?
Indread

Post by Indread »

I have read that future games, and a current game, Modern Warefare 3, actually has HARDWARE support for the TAC 3...

I don't know if this is true, and to what extent it is true, or if hardware support means it is not emulation but true mouse/keyboard values...

I also do not know if that means that Modern Warefare 3 supports ALL keyboard/mice natively, if it it is just the TAC 3, assuming this is even true.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Indread wrote:I have read that future games, and a current game, Modern Warefare 3, actually has HARDWARE support for the TAC 3...

I don't know if this is true, and to what extent it is true, or if hardware support means it is not emulation but true mouse/keyboard values...

I also do not know if that means that Modern Warefare 3 supports ALL keyboard/mice natively, if it it is just the TAC 3, assuming this is even true.
Source?

I'm about 99% sure it's not the case.
GIMX creator
Indread

Post by Indread »

Matlo wrote:
Indread wrote:I have read that future games, and a current game, Modern Warefare 3, actually has HARDWARE support for the TAC 3...

Source?

I'm about 99% sure it's not the case.
Yeah, I was very weary myself of the sources:

http://forums.gameaxis.com/showthread.php?t=1602133
http://pfgproduction.blogspot.com/2011/ ... ander.html

Doesn't sound very reliable to me.
fourtysven

Post by fourtysven »

I AINT NO CHEATER NOW SON!YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUURAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH