Car racing simulator

General Chat, Feel Free To talk about anything here.
hmehmetk

Car racing simulator

Post by hmehmetk »

Hello all,
I don't know, here is right place for this topic. First of all, I want to apologize.
I want to make a car racing simulator for "Logitech G27" . But there are a lot of questions. Logitech G27 will be used on PS3 or PC or another platform. Can I listen USB data between the Logitech G27 and game machine without damaging the game protocol?
I want to make a simulator with any embedded platform(arm9 or cortex a9) that will have 4 servo motor for moving the platform and an USB input for listening the data from Logitech G27 to PC and from PC to Logitech G27.
Can I make a USB dongle that has one input(for Logitech G27 ) and two output(one of them is for game machine(PS3 or PC) and the other one is for my simulator for listening the data.

Thanks.
Mehmet
Matlo

Re: Car racing simulator

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

What you need is a platform with usb host capabilities (to plug the G27) and usb device capabilities (to interface with a PC/PS3 as a G27).

GIMX does something like this using a PC (host) and a DIY USB adapter (device).
GIMX creator
hmehmetk

Post by hmehmetk »

Hello Matlo,
Thanks for your response. I checked DIY USB Adapter, that is a USB/Serial converter. I couldn't understand that Logitect G27 seems to PS3 like a serial port, or PS3 can work with a serial port? Is there any open protocol for this issue? If so, it is easy. I think to use beaglebone for this project, Beaglebone has Logitect G27 driver and can listen it than can send to PS3 over USB/serial converter.

Thanks
Mehmet
hmehmetk

Post by hmehmetk »

Matlo,

I found your below topic about Beagleboard USB sniffer project.
http://blog.gimx.fr/?p=61

In fact I need this project. I think to build this project for beaglebone. It has USB Host and USB OTG device. The project is for beagleboard but You had bought beagleboard-xm. They are not same. Could you try it beagleboard-xm?
Nicolas Boichat had given all of linux source, I couldn't find related drivers. I don't know which sources Nicolas had written for this project. How and where can I start for Beaglebone.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks.
Mehmet
AND_1

Post by AND_1 »

Hi Guys,

I see that this post is a few time ago ;) but I am at the same point in a project.
I want to use a Beaglebone Black as a device for my PC (Host) that emulates the G27 Wheel and get the data from an Original G27 Wheel on my Beaglebone via On-board USB-Host port.
Can I get the data through the Beaglebone and am I able to use the G27 wheel (Original) to control my game (Project CARS)?
Is there maybe a config how to steer a G27 wheel with my Beaglebone?

Thanks for replying ;)

AND_1
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
Running GIMX on a BeagleBone Black should be possible, but you'll get a lot of issues to solve.
The first issue is to compile GIMX for this target. Sadly I don't have much time to help here...
Running GIMX on the same PC will be much easier.
GIMX creator
George Williams

Post by George Williams »

Thanks for providing this information.