GIMX USB Adapter for dummies

Refer to the wiki instead of reading this section.
McKack

Re: GIMX USB Adapter for dummies

Post by McKack »

Probably just a fluke.
I always fire up my PS3 before starting GIMX and sometimes before hooking it up (especially if I'm using my laptop)
On some rare occasions I have gotten no response after it's been working perfectly for a long time, but it usually fixes itself by unpluggin/plugging in the adapter again.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
deathhorse

Post by deathhorse »

2 questions i just bought all the stuff online waiting for it to come at this moment.

1. when i plug the adapter from the ps3 to the computer and run gimx. Do i plug the keyboard and mouse into the computer for it to work or the console?

2. if this is only for ps3 why is there a picture of the xbox 360? Does that mean it might work on there too?
bCloud09c

Post by bCloud09c »

Yes, you need to have your mouse and keyboard "connected" to your computer when you plug GIMX in. I use a wireless G700 with my Laptop and it works fine.
McKack

Post by McKack »

deathhorse wrote:2. if this is only for ps3 why is there a picture of the xbox 360? Does that mean it might work on there too?
The tutorial is somewhat future-proofed. Xbox 360 support is in the works.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
deathhorse

Post by deathhorse »

oh ok sorry maybe i got ahead of myself. :D
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

@McKack
You may wish to include the CP210X driver in the list of required software. Otherwise a solid tutorial, thanks!
XBL: JSkelly
McKack

Post by McKack »

Yup, I'm fixin' to update/finish it this weekend (as you can see I updated the picture of the files downloaded to the desktop)
LumpiaLover

Post by LumpiaLover »

Hello, Im new here and, i have a question. When i press the button to turn off LED light on teensy, my computer screen pops up a quote saying usb device not recognized? p[lease help me. It wont let me program the 32 hex file thing. I have windows 7.
McKack

Post by McKack »

Have you tried another USB port and/or cable? That message usually pops up when a device or connection isn't functioning (for example the USB cable has a short or has been damaged somehow)
LumpiaLover

Post by LumpiaLover »

Wow.... I should Have done that.... Ahaha thanks. I'm kinda angry right now cuz i ordered that usb mini B from ebay and it took 1 and a half months to come in finding out it doesnt work.... and it turns out i had one the whole time from my camera. Oh well, i'll let you know the results when im done. Thanks again!