GIMX USB Adapter for dummies

Refer to the wiki instead of reading this section.
McKack

Re: GIMX USB Adapter for dummies

Post by McKack »

Yeah, even though it may not be a frequent problem, I'm considering suggesting some regular cables instead since those thin cables are kinda flimsy and might be prone to tearing or whatnot.
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
khanafes

Post by khanafes »

Hi..

I made a mistake and bought the Teensy Board without PIN.. Is there an easy way I can attach a couple of PIN to the teensy board and not buy a new one ?? (i.e. remove the 3 PIN not used on the USB CP2012 and add them to the teensy)

Thanks for the help
McKack

Post by McKack »

That would require desoldering which often is more tricky than soldering.
One solution might be as simple as clipping off a few pieces of paper clips and "converting" the female to female jumper cables that comes with the CP2012 into female to male jumper cables. Then with a bit of magic and hot glue you should be able to make the connection permanent (just make super sure there's a connection beforehand)

Other options might be:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Female-to-Male- ... 0819561494
http://www.ebay.com/itm/F01928-2-2PCs-4 ... 0853057675
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
khanafes

Post by khanafes »

Great idea.. Will try it and will keep you posted.. Thanks a lot dude..
khanafes

Post by khanafes »

McKack wrote:That would require desoldering which often is more tricky than soldering.
One solution might be as simple as clipping off a few pieces of paper clips and "converting" the female to female jumper cables that comes with the CP2012 into female to male jumper cables. Then with a bit of magic and hot glue you should be able to make the connection permanent (just make super sure there's a connection beforehand)

Other options might be:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Female-to-Male- ... 0819561494
http://www.ebay.com/itm/F01928-2-2PCs-4 ... 0853057675

It workeddddd.. I am amazeddd... Thanks again.. One last question please, I am playing BF3 and downloaded your configuration which I am using right now.. However, for me the mouse is little bit slow when aiming.. How can I slightly increase its speed ?? Which is the exact item in FPS config that I should be increasing ?? (already in game sensitivity at full).. Thanks in advance :)
McKack

Post by McKack »

Glad to hear it worked :)

If I recall correctly, FPS config should not currently be used to edit configurations created with the regular config tool (correct me if I'm wrong, Matlo)

First of all, do you know what DPI your mouse is, is it set to max?
It might be as simple as opening up the config in gimx-config and using the Edit > Replace Mouse DPI function (make sure the OLD DPI in the first input window is set to 3600 DPI, which is my DPI, then input yours in the second)
This will adjust all the multiplier values in the config accordingly to give you approximately the same aim sensitivity I have.

To manually edit the sensitivity of configs you edit the Multiplier (aka Sens. on the top) values under the Axis tab.
Some configs have multiple profiles so check if you might need to set it there too (in my BF3 profile for example holding down C on the keyboard boosts the sensitivity for better control in vehicles - a temporary solution)
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Gimx-fpsconfig is not able to edit configs from gimx-config. It can result in removed parts. This will be fixed in the next release.
GIMX creator
Cybereu

Post by Cybereu »

Can i use ( http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB- ... rduino-_JM ) instead of ( USB 2.0 to UART TTL 6PIN Module Serial Converter CP2102 ) , i bought the last from ebay 3 months later and till today did not arrived so im considering buy that i found in my country.

Info:
Usb Serial TTL (5v) . Cp2102 . Bootloader Arduino
peshkohacka

Post by peshkohacka »

The Ebay one have the same IC - CP2102, i.e. should work as long as its ok.
zuxicovp

Post by zuxicovp »

Would it be possible to modify this so no pc is required except for changing configs?