Momo Force (Red) PS4 Project Cars - Help!

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Spronk

Momo Force (Red) PS4 Project Cars - Help!

Post by Spronk »

Hi,

I have a fully working DIY USB adapter using COM 3 on my Windows 7 Pro PC having loaded the ATMEGA32U4.Hex file on the Teensy 2.0. I was hoping to use the Momo Racing wheel config file, but GIMX launcher cannot find my USB wheel. My wheel is fully supported in Windows via Logitech gaming software. My DS4 controller, connected to the PC, works on the PS4 but neither keyboard nor mouse do anything. Do I have to load some specific firmware on the adapter before my wheel is recognised, or do I need to create a wheel - specific config file? The Momo Racing wheel has a manual shift as well as paddles and buttons whereas my Momo force has paddles and buttons only. Any ideas would be gratefully received.
Matlo

Re: Momo Force (Red) PS4 Project Cars - Help!

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
Open the Momo Racing config with gimx-config, and modify all buttons and axes. Don't forget to save.
Please also post it on pastebin.com, and share the link here, so that I can add it to the configs available for download :)
GIMX creator
Spronk

Post by Spronk »

Hi Matlo,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have edited the Momo Racing config file using Notepad, replacing "Racing" with "Force". I hope that the button and axis values will be the same, but will test tomorrow and upload the file if it works.

Kind regards,

Spronk
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Spronk wrote:using Notepad
Don't do that, it probably won't work. Edit your config with gimx-config instead.
GIMX creator
Spronk

Post by Spronk »

:P Thanks, Matlo. GIMX-Config is a brilliant tool. I first had to remove my Logitech drivers and reinstall Logitech Gaming Software V 5.10.127 to stop the "Joystick not Found" message for the wheel. The gas and brake pedals were configured on separate axes in LGS so that they could be set up properly in Project Cars on the PS4. The new config file LogitechMomoForce_G29 replicates the standard DS4 buttons, but I have used the down click buttons on the left and right sticks for L2 and R2, needed to configure the wheel in Project Cars. All I need to do now is tune the FFB to my taste. I will make the file available as you suggested. http://pastebin.ca/3401778

Many thanks,

Spronk