setting up Raspberry Pi with gimx

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Boomslangnz

Re: setting up Raspberry Pi with gimx

Post by Boomslangnz »

How do I set steering wheel range with gimx?

I originally set my wheel to 270 degree and found once connected to pc emulating g27 I had to set it to 270 aswell or else steering wheel range was out eg 900

I just connected to ps3 as emulating a driving force pro and noticed steering wheel range is out again. I think this wheel was limited to 200 degree and my wheel must still be set at 270

I was trying out Sega Rally Online Arcade however this game only has support for Logitech Driving force pro, logitech g25 and logitech driving ex so g27 mode wouldnt work with this game, since going to driving force pro it works but just the steering wheel range is wrong

Thanks! Awesome product
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

GIMX receives range change commands and forwards them if the wheel has adjustable range.
With a Windows PC the Logitech driver may override these commands, and there is nothing GIMX can do to prevent this.

I realized there is a possible enhancement for GTF/DF/DFP emulations: #417.
GIMX creator
Boomslangnz

Post by Boomslangnz »

Ive tried PS3 with a controller attached and tried changing id etc but same problem occurs no matter what I try so ive given up on PS3 Emulation of G27 and re-flashed my adapters to Driving Force Pro. It works fine now and doesn't move around menu, as soon as it was ps3 emul of g27 then it moves down menu constantly no matter what I try

Im happy enough with it as Driving Force Pro, will unfortunately lose the ability for 900 degree steering and clutch pedal however