GIMX Versions 5.7 - 6.3 will not recognize my pedals

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Zero7159

GIMX Versions 5.7 - 6.3 will not recognize my pedals

Post by Zero7159 »

Hey guys! I read about GIMX over on the iRacing forums and it is the answer to my prayers. I have an Accuforce direct drive wheel, Main Performance PC Simpedals and two Thrustmaster THR8S shifters, all of which are connected to my gaming PC via USB connections. I play racing games on my gaming PC and my Playstation 4 and so I bought two GIMX DIY USB Adapters from Steve Marton. http://www.steve-marton.com/gimx/?produ ... r-for-gimx One adapter still has the original firmware which emulates a G29. The other adapter now has the G27 to PC firmware that Matlo was kind enough to develop last October. I connect both adapters using a USB cable, not Bluetooth.

I figured out how to develop configurations for each adapter and wheel set up on my gaming PC. The only problem I am having is that GIMX versions 5.7-6.3 will NOT detect my Main Performance PC Simpedals. Version 5.6 WILL detect my Simpedals. When I use that version, I can play Forza Horizon 3 on my PC and use my Accuforce, Simpedals and my Thrustmaster shifters. The problem is that I have no force feedback, I assume because Matlo only added force feedback for non-Logitech wheels in version 6.0 of the GIMX software. I cannot use GIMX at all on my PS4 using version 5.6, it worked with version 6.3, but the pedals did not work because version 6.3 does not recognize my Simpedals.

Any thoughts as to how I can get versions 6.0, 6.1, 6.2 or 6.3 to recognize my Simpedals so that I can get force feedback from my Accuforce?

Thank you!
Matlo

Re: GIMX Versions 5.7 - 6.3 will not recognize my pedals

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
This seems to be a regression in the SDL2.dll library. Replacing the file will not help since the new one contains a patch to allow proper force feedback support. I'll build a new one so that you can test it. I'll keep you posted.
GIMX creator
Zero7159

Post by Zero7159 »

Thanks Matlo. I appreciate your response. I would be happy to test a new version and assess whether it recognizes my Main Performance PC Simpedals. For now, I am using version 5.6 and have added some spring to my Accuforce to simulate force feedback.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

You'll find a patched SDL2.dll file here: https://gimx.fr/download/85c0aeadb7c25e ... 4/SDL2.zip
Let me know if it works!
GIMX creator
Zero7159

Post by Zero7159 »

Thank you Matlo. You are the best. I will try it tonight. :)
Zero7159

Post by Zero7159 »

Hi Matlo. I installed GIMX version 6.3 last night and used the patched SDL2.dll file. GIMX now detects my Main Performance PC Simpedals!!! Thank you so much!

I am still not getting force feedback from my Accuforce, whether I am using the G27 emulation on PC, or the G29 emulation on PS4. Here is a screenshot of the GIMX software after I press Start in the Launcher:

The lack of force feedback is not a big deal for me because I can modify the Accuforce firmware to give me some center spring that on its own provides better FFB than what I got with my much cheaper T300RS wheel that I was previously using. Nonetheless, if you have any suggestions as to how I can get native FFB through GIMX, I would appreciate it.

Thank you for what you have done, GIMX is awesome!!!
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

I need the full ffb_0.exe (linked below) output as text. Make sure to unplug every joystick device except the wheel. Open a command window, click on the icon in the top left corner, click on Properties, click on the Layout tab, and set the width of the Window Size to 240. Go to the ffb_0.exe directory (cd C:\Users\<username>\Downloads), and run ffb_0.exe. Let the test finish. Right-click on the command window, click on Select all, and press enter (this will copy the window contents). Then paste in a post and submit.

https://gimx.fr/download/4777c33d5c1b29 ... /ffb_0.zip
GIMX creator
Zero7159

Post by Zero7159 »

Hi Matlo. Here is what I got when I tried to run the force feedback test:

Code: Select all

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Craig\Downloads>ffb_0
Found haptic device: HID-compliant vendor-defined device
IDirectInputDevice8_SendForceFeedbackCommand failed
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

GIMX creator
Zero7159

Post by Zero7159 »

Wow, that made a big difference. I don't know what any of it means, but it looks impressive. :D

Code: Select all

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Craig>cd C:\Users\Craig\Downloads>ffb_1

C:\Users\Craig\Downloads>ffb_1
Found haptic device: HID-compliant vendor-defined device
IDirectInputDevice8_SendForceFeedbackCommand failed (DISFFC_RESET)
IDirectInputDevice8_SendForceFeedbackCommand failed (DISFFC_SETACTUATORSON)
IDirectInputDevice8_SetProperty failed
Supported effects:
  constant force
    types: constant force, custom force, attack, fade, hardware, periodic, start delay,
    params:
      static: all params, axes, direction, duration, enveloppe, gain, start delay, trigger button, trigger repeat interval, type specific params,
      dynamic: all params, axes, direction, duration, enveloppe, gain, start delay, trigger button, trigger repeat interval, type specific params,
  ramp force
    types: attack, fade, hardware, periodic, ramp force, start delay,
    params:
      static: all params, axes, direction, duration, enveloppe, gain, start delay, trigger button, trigger repeat interval, type specific params,
      dynamic: all params, axes, direction, duration, enveloppe, gain, start delay, trigger button, trigger repeat interval, type specific params,
  square
    types: constant force, custom force, attack, fade, hardware, periodic, ramp force, start delay,
    params:
  sine
    types: constant force, custom force, attack, fade, hardware, periodic, ramp force, start delay,
    params:
  triangle
    params:
  sawtoothup
    params:
  sawtoothdown
    params:
  spring
    types: condition, custom force, deadband, hardware, saturation, start delay,
    params:
      static: all params, axes, direction, duration, gain, start delay, type specific params,
      dynamic: all params, axes, direction, duration, gain, start delay, type specific params,
  damper
    params:
      static: all params, axes, direction, duration, gain, start delay, type specific params,
      dynamic: all params, axes, direction, duration, gain, start delay, type specific params,
  inertia
    params:
  friction
    params:
  custom force
    types: condition, constant force, custom force, deadband, hardware, periodic, saturation, start delay,
    params:
IDirectInputDevice8_CreateEffect failed
IDirectInputDevice8_SendForceFeedbackCommand failed

C:\Users\Craig\Downloads>