Gimx application Crashes

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Matlo

Re: Gimx application Crashes

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

Could you please run ginput_test.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\GIMX and post the command output?
  1. Select physical for the mouse and keyboard input method (type 1 and press enter).
  2. Check detected mouse and keyboards.
  3. Press mouse buttons.
  4. Press esc.
  5. Do steps 1-4 again.
GIMX creator
flyelfrick

Post by flyelfrick »

Hi

The issue has been solved; it need to create a new configuration for my OSW + HE Pedals.
Modify template configuration file is not working with my combination.

Rick
Matlo wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:21 pm Hi,

Could you please run ginput_test.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\GIMX and post the command output?
  1. Select physical for the mouse and keyboard input method (type 1 and press enter).
  2. Check detected mouse and keyboards.
  3. Press mouse buttons.
  4. Press esc.
  5. Do steps 1-4 again.
| Windows 10 64 bit / PS4 Pro | OSW with SimuCube beta firmware | HE Pro Pedals + Hand brake | Fanatec SQ Shifter |
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

redion1992 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:22 am OK, that makes sense. I can see how it would be an issue on my setup :P

Just tested gimx-config, and it seemed to auto-detect any clicks on the mouse buttons fine. It doesn't pick up any axis movements unless I select axis mode, which is probably as written. First thought to check was the "Multiple mice and keyboards" mode, if I have that enabled it picks up all the clicking as being on a single identifiable mouse. I just tried it with "Window events" enabled, and it seemed to throw similar errors to what you're describing. Basically, the invisible "window" spawned by "Auto-config" in "Window events" mode isn't taking focus properly, and thus the interface appears to hang until it gets an input - which doesn't happen until the "window" is activated.
Hi redion1992,

I did not reproduce this issue. Maybe there is another app interfering here? Maybe the task manager?
GIMX creator