GIMX 6.9 update problems

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Spronk

GIMX 6.9 update problems

Post by Spronk »

Hi Matlo,

I have had a couple of attempts to replace my working version of GIMX 6.8 with 6.9. on Windows 7 64 bit. Each time I run the launcher, I get a message that the Dualshock Controller cannot be found. The Error log looks like this:

Code: Select all

Driver file operation error. Failed to open device symlink \\.\UsbDk (The system cannot find the file specified.  Error code = 2)
Driver file operation error. Failed to open device symlink \\.\UsbDk (The system cannot find the file specified.  Error code = 2)
global option -l with value `log.txt'
global option -c with value `LogitechMomoForce_G29.xml'
controller #1: option -p with value `COM3'
now reading arguments for controller #2
status flag is set
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
GIMX 6.9 x86_64
Windows 7 SP1 x64
Kernel version: 6.1 (7601)
USB adapter detected, controller type is: G29 PS4.
gusb.c:1065 gusb_open_ids: libusb_get_device_list failed with error: Other error
gusb.c:1065 gusb_open_ids: libusb_get_device_list failed with error: Other error
No controller was found on USB buses.
gimx.c:242 SDL_main: no adapter detected
A system restore gets me back to GIMX 6.8 again. I am following the instructions, and the system is restarting after the drivers have been installed, but I just get the same issue. The last two updates have worked seamlessly, so I am a bit puzzled. Do you have any thoughts?

Thanks in anticipation,

Spronk
Matlo

Re: GIMX 6.9 update problems

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know.

Does this happen if you skip the USBDK installation at the end of the GIMX setup?
GIMX creator
Spronk

Post by Spronk »

Hi Matlo,

I ran the update again, and unchecked the USBDK and CP210 boxes, just leaving the box for GIMX launcher checked. This has now worked, and I am running GIMX 6.9.

Many thanks,

Spronk :D
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

Is your windows version up-to-date?
Could you please make a restore point and then try to install USBDK from the "C:\Program Files\GIMX\tools" directory?
GIMX creator
Spronk

Post by Spronk »

Hi Matlo,

I tried to install the latest version of USBDK from the directory, but it did not complete the install:-
USBDK Runtime Libraries
"There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

When I tried to start GIMX launcher, I had the same issue with the Dualshock controller not being found:
" X No Dualshock controller was found on USB ports"

Over to you :|
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Could you please check if there are driver updates for the USB 3 controller?
What is the exact model of your motherboard (or computer, if it is pre-assembled)?
GIMX creator
phishead03

Post by phishead03 »

I had a similar problem with my computer not seeing my PS4 controller. I would say make sure to verify you are using a USB 3.0 cable to hook it up. I was using a 2.0 cable (didn't realize it), and then swapped the cable with a 3.0 and that did the trick.....
Spronk

Post by Spronk »

Hi Matlo,

Sorry for the long delay in replying. Just tried to install the 6.11 update with the same results ( I guess because it now automatically installs the drivers which caused the problem when I tried this with 6.9). My PC is HP 8000 ELITE SFF COMPUTER PC - CORE 2 DUO 3.16GHZ, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD. The USB 3 drivers appear to be up to date.

????????

Kind regards,

Spronk
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Try running the Intel driver assistant.
GIMX creator
Spronk

Post by Spronk »

Hi Matlo,

Thanks for the link. I ran this utility, but it would not even list Intel devices found, so I disable my antivirus and tried again, but with no success. I checked that the DS4 had been identified as a "wireless controller" and tried to update driver manually, but apparently I am running the best version according to Windows.

I had another go at installing 6.11 and restarted directly afterwards, but still had the "No Dualshock 4 controller found" message. Here is the log file, but it looks as if I will have to do a system restore and live with 6.10 and my older drivers for GIMX to do its thing.

Code: Select all

global option -l with value `log.txt'
global option -c with value `LogitechMomoForce_G29.xml'
controller #1: option -p with value `COM3'
now reading arguments for controller #2
status flag is set
subpos flag is set
force_updates flag is set
GIMX 6.11 x86_64
Windows 7 SP1 x64
Kernel version: 6.1 (7601)
USB adapter detected, controller type is: G29 PS4.
No controller was found on USB buses.
gimx.c:242 SDL_main: no adapter detected

Thanks,
Spronk.