Is it possible to use the DFGT dial and (+/-) buttons?

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
User avatar
Matlo
Posts: 4520
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:01 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Is it possible to use the DFGT dial and (+/-) buttons?

Post by Matlo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:19 am

Thanks for the feedback. I'll release GIMX 6.10 soon, and update the default DFGT configuration.
GIMX creator Donate Shop

User avatar
naldin
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:15 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Is it possible to use the DFGT dial and (+/-) buttons?

Post by naldin » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:21 pm

Matlo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:19 am
Thanks for the feedback. I'll release GIMX 6.10 soon, and update the default DFGT configuration.
Thank you Matlo for the quick support.

User avatar
RyoAegis
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:20 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Is it possible to use the DFGT dial and (+/-) buttons?

Post by RyoAegis » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:47 pm

Thanks to all of you guys and especially to Matlo.

As mentioned in a recent post, I'm using the DietPi image for a Raspberry Pi 3 available at
http://www.steve-marton.com/gimx/?p=462
After installing the new version GIMX 6.10 with
wget https://gimx.fr/download/gimx-raspbian -O gimx.deb
sudo dpkg -i gimx.deb
sudo apt-get -f install

the .xml from Naldin, which was written for GIMX running on Windows, didn't work with the UNIX image:
naldin wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:41 am
Now everything worked fine. If you want I can make a test in Ubuntu 64 bits and Raspberry Pi too. Follow my xml file with plus button that I have been made a little confused, now all buttons is ok.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tidq7p1voe0r8 ... 9.xml?dl=0
Thus, I modified the .xml and finally was able to create this well working version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dabvku96xsld8 ... 9.xml?dl=0
It was activated like written here
http://www.steve-marton.com/gimx/?p=237

If you are using the same image, this is one way to update GIMX and activate the buttons for the MFD using the Logitech Driving Force GT in Gran Turismo Sport.
Last edited by RyoAegis on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
naldin
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:15 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Is it possible to use the DFGT dial and (+/-) buttons?

Post by naldin » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:13 am

RyoAegis wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:47 pm
Thanks to all of you guys and especially to Matlo.

As mentioned in a recent post, I'm using the dietpie image for a Raspberry Pi 3 available at
http://www.steve-marton.com/gimx/?p=462
After installing the new version GIMX 6.10 with
wget https://gimx.fr/download/gimx-raspbian -O gimx.deb
sudo dpkg -i gimx.deb
sudo apt-get -f install

the .xml from Naldin, which was written for GIMX running on Windows, didn't work with the UNIX image:
naldin wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:41 am
Now everything worked fine. If you want I can make a test in Ubuntu 64 bits and Raspberry Pi too. Follow my xml file with plus button that I have been made a little confused, now all buttons is ok.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tidq7p1voe0r8 ... 9.xml?dl=0
Thus, I modified the .xml and finally was able to create this well working version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dabvku96xsld8 ... 9.xml?dl=0
It was activated like written here
http://www.steve-marton.com/gimx/?p=237

If you are using the same image, this is one way to update GIMX and activate the buttons for the MFD using the Logitech Driving Force GT in Gran Turismo Sport.
Very good, thank you!!! But actually I'm using GIMX with Retropie in RPi. As these buttons aren’t urgent for me, I think that I will wait. ;)

Edit: Hey! Now I saw that 6.10 was released, friday I will test in RPi.
https://github.com/matlo/GIMX/releases

User avatar
Matlo
Posts: 4520
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:01 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Is it possible to use the DFGT dial and (+/-) buttons?

Post by Matlo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:07 am

Just released GIMX 6.10:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2275
GIMX creator Donate Shop

RacingPoppe
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:10 am

Re: Is it possible to use the DFGT dial and (+/-) buttons?

Post by RacingPoppe » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:31 am

This really made my weekend great. I've upgraded my gimx raspberry-pi setup and everything worked at the first try. I really love that I can use these buttons as well.

Post Reply