GIMX DIY ADAPTER (NOT PROGRAMMING TEENSY)

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
rawintimidator

GIMX DIY ADAPTER (NOT PROGRAMMING TEENSY)

Post by rawintimidator »

So I've got my DIY adapter built, soldered, and powering on as expected. The CP2102 device creates the COM port in GIMX Launcher so I figure that half of the board is working properly. I have tried switching the TX/RX now 3 times and still same result. I have come to realize that the Teensy Loader is not functioning as supposed to after watching multiple YouTube videos of other users and their screenshots during operation. So my Windows 7 64 bit system when I plug in the Teensy 2.0 experiment e8 Aduino that I purchased from eBay here is the device manager screenshot of what happens:Image

Since we can't load the ATmega32u4 firmware to the Teensy board, the PS4 can't COM through and I get a whole list of c.344 timeouts when I try to run GIMX launcher for PS4 G29 emulation.

Please help :)
rawintimidator

Re: GIMX DIY ADAPTER (NOT PROGRAMMING TEENSY)

Post by rawintimidator »

I have installed "serial driver installer" from pjrc, arduino 1.8.5 windows, and TeensyduinoInstall... none of these driver package installers seem to help my Windows 7 machine understand what Teensy is when I plug him in... I've tried pushing the button before plugging him in, I've read "Troubleshooting Common Problems w/the Teensy USB Development Board" comprehensively... We've tried installing the drivers manually after connecting the device in device manager but we don't know what driver specifically to choose for Teensy- they all give the yellow explanation point of "doesn't work" ha ha :x
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Hello,
Sadly it seems the Teensy you bought on ebay is a fake one.
GIMX creator
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Try with gimx-loader ("Help>Update firmware" in gimx-launcher). Maybe they loaded a Arduino Leonardo compatible firmware.
EDIT: note that the wiring has to be correct for gimx-loader to work.
GIMX creator
rawintimidator

Post by rawintimidator »

are there any specific keywords we need to look for in order to get the proper Teensy 2.0 board... this is my first time and I'm learning a lot about this subject through trial and error... don't prefer to do that when I have to spend money to "error." ha ha :D
rawintimidator

Post by rawintimidator »

I tried multiple times with GIMX loader... its either a board problem or a Windows 7 driver issue... going to try again after PJRC ordered board is delivered and let you know. Thanks for your help so far :)
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Please download this archive: https://gimx.fr/download/gimx_loader.zip
Extract it (don't just open it with the windows explorer).
Right-click on the arduino.inf file and click on Install.

After that try again loading the firmware using gimx-loader.

Let me know if this helps!
GIMX creator
rawintimidator

Post by rawintimidator »

So I purchased the legit teensy 2.0 board from pjrc, soldered, programmed, and everything works fantastic. I'm programming config for fanatec wheel and shifter for gran turismo sport ps4. It worked right on first try, just tweaking and customizing. Thanks for your help matlo!! :D