DS4 connects to PC by USB only when it is not fully charged?

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
molak

DS4 connects to PC by USB only when it is not fully charged?

Post by molak »

Hello guys,
Today I've received Arduino Leonardo and FTDI232r and I have connected everything to the ubuntu 16.04 .
For a while all the things were visible in the system (checked by lsusb command) including the connected by usb cable DS4 controller.
Not everything was working well, because I have been using unmapped configuration, but anyway when i realised that it was too late and my DS4 is not visible for the system. I think that the problem is that controller doesn't connect to the usb port of PC, because it is fully charged. Is it possible?
It is worth mentioning that after few minutes, when I was using my controller (so battery slightly discharged), the controller was again visible for less than minute (Until it fully charged again?). Anyone has the same problem?
Matlo

Re: DS4 connects to PC by USB only when it is not fully charged?

Post by Matlo »

Hi,
I don't understand what you call "unmapped configuration".
The very least information we need is a log file.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=691
GIMX creator
roenick

Post by roenick »

Also experienced this problem today, Dualshock charges over time and when is fully charged, cannot be connected to PC. Any suggestions ? Wait for slight discharge?
roenick

Post by roenick »

now it seems that reboot of PC fixed it. I will test it further
roenick

Post by roenick »

Hi Matlo, how this is handled ? do charge of controller make impact to GIMX connection? Do I understand it correctly that connection between PC and dualshock is made no matter of charge, or it matters? thanks