Gimx won't install

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
paolo84

Gimx won't install

Post by paolo84 »

Hi, I'm trying to get my old Toshiba laptop run with a mouse & keyboard, along a PS3.
I have trying to solve different issue for quite a bit now. I don't intend to use a dongle, I assume I will be able to use the built-in BT module.

I initially run live ubuntu 14 & gimx3 and it almost started working but I think my pendrive was too small and everything started slowing down, before I could finish the config (dealt with the problem of not being able to download configs and at the end built my own and changed extension manually to *.xml).

I know upgraded my pendrive to 16GB, ubuntu 16 (still live).. but no way I can install gimx3 or gimx6. When I click install, it loads for a few seconds and gets back to "install option". At the very first click it also opens a new icon with a question mark with a status bar frozen at the begining and saying "waiting for install" and nothing happens. I did the sudo apt-get update, I ticked the community updates in software...

any idea where the problem comes from?
GoDlike

Re: Gimx won't install

Post by GoDlike »

Try installing it from console using sudo dpkg -i gimx.deb and post the result here.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike