Macros

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
kamperkilla87

Re: Macros

Post by kamperkilla87 »

Ok so I believe I've created the macro text file. I'm just confused on where to put it. I pasted the text file in the macro folder. Is there anything else I have to do? Do I add it to a configuration?
kamperkilla87

Post by kamperkilla87 »

I created a text file using the anti recoil example located on the wiki. Saved it in the macros folder. Doesn't seem to be working. I'm sure I'm missing something though. I've thoroughly read the wiki. Just seem to not be understanding something. A better breakdown on how to would be much appreciated. Thanks
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Hello,

Are you sure you did the file in the following folder?

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\gimx\macros
Also you should name the macro file same as the config. For example if you use PS3_Resistance2_Godlike.xml then name it PS3_Resistance2_Godlike.txt

I just checked and it works
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Actually any it is not a requirement for the macro file to have the same name as the config.
Any text file found in the macro directory (and with a valid syntax) should work fine.
GIMX creator
kamperkilla87

Post by kamperkilla87 »

Alright we're making progress! I know I have it working. Now as far as adjusting the recoil. I know that MAXIS 1 is down. What is UP, RIGHT, AN LEFT? An is there any way to make it to where just left clicking the mouse it activates the macro, an releasing it stops the macro?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

MAXIS: mouse axis moved; ID: 0 for x axis, and 1 for y axis; VALUE: positive values for right and down
https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Macros#Syntax
https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Ma ... fire_macro
GIMX creator
kamperkilla87

Post by kamperkilla87 »

After trial an error I figured that a rapid fire macro would be more of what I want. I have it working pretty good. Only question I have about it is I'm using the macro for Pubg. It's working great as far as what i want it to do. I'm using all automatic weapons in single shot mode. Along with the macro it makes it automatic an also reduces the recoil. My issue is that sometimes you have to use vehicles. With gas being the same as fire, RT for xbox. Which on my mouse is MBUTTONDOWN BUTTON_LEFT Any workaround for this? An awesome job on the new update! Very convenient to have all the shortcuts. Edit Config, Macros folder, etc.
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

kamperkilla87 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:35 am After trial an error I figured that a rapid fire macro would be more of what I want. I have it working pretty good. Only question I have about it is I'm using the macro for Pubg. It's working great as far as what i want it to do. I'm using all automatic weapons in single shot mode. Along with the macro it makes it automatic an also reduces the recoil. My issue is that sometimes you have to use vehicles. With gas being the same as fire, RT for xbox. Which on my mouse is MBUTTONDOWN BUTTON_LEFT Any workaround for this? An awesome job on the new update! Very convenient to have all the shortcuts. Edit Config, Macros folder, etc.
You can use a new profile for vehicles, bindings a different layout for that profile :)
PS4 enthusiast.
kamperkilla87

Post by kamperkilla87 »

@kaiba_seto2004 I figured that. If I were to bind all buttons that I need to drive to let's say profile 3. How do I activate that particular profile?
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

In the Overall tab of gimx-config you can set button to activate profile you currently selected.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike