Help

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Fox Chpox

Help

Post by Fox Chpox »

:?:
Hello, I bought on Matlo board Iskra Neo Atmega32u4 (a full analogue of Leonardo, only from the Russian company Amperka) and cp2102. The order of my actions, for pc, I realized the principle, you need to update freamware on Iskra Neo (gmx launcher defines as leonardo, loads the firmware on the command line), then connect with iskra gnd, tx, rx. then from the side of the PC connect to cp2102, with the side iskra to the console. but I have a problem, the laptop has a 3 usb connector, and I need 4 ... I decided to connect to raspberry pi3, but then I was already confused in the order of connection, very bad I can translate the instruction ... if anyone can help, I will be grateful. if everything is bad, I will be looking for a hub usb for pc. thank you in advance
Ps. Can i use keyboard notebook?
GoDlike

Re: Help

Post by GoDlike »

Yes you can use a keyboard notebook.

I suggest connecting GIMX adapter directly to PC and not to Hub as it can add latency. I also suggest using PC if you aren't experienced user in Pi as Pi support is still experimental.

You only need two ports to update firmware. Just connect both USBs to computer and then start gimx-loader, use it to flash firmware.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Fox Chpox

Post by Fox Chpox »

I want to use a hub for the mouse and keyboard, ds4 and cp2102 to separate usb ports ... but if i can use the laptop keyboard, it makes my task much easier ... thank you very much for your time ... and to the last question, many write that they have cp2102 5pin, but I have 6pin, contacts vcc, tx, rx, gnd, and 2 more (I can not say for sure, now at work, not at home) ... here is the link to cp2102 https://www.chipdip.ru/product/cp2102-u ... rd-micro-2 ...I want to make sure that I was not mistaken with the choice
Last edited by Fox Chpox on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

I mean you can use keyboard notebook if you run GIMX on it. I think that's what you want to do as I said rPI is not recommended.

Honestly I don't remember if I have 5 or 6 pin CP2102 but as I see we have 6-pin CP2102 on our old wiki guide so it should work imho - https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DIY_USB_adapter

If you want to be sure you may need to wait until @Matlo replies though as im not an expert in electronics. Also look at our wiki guide generator for details - https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Fox Chpox

Post by Fox Chpox »

do you speak Russian?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Only three pins are required (Rx, Tx, Gnd). If you have more just don't connect the extra pins.
GIMX creator
Fox Chpox

Post by Fox Chpox »

Matlo wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:10 pm Only three pins are required (Rx, Tx, Gnd). If you have more just don't connect the extra pins.
ohh yeah ... it turned out! gimx works incredibly, but the built-in notebook keyboard works. O_o thank you very much, guys, for being patient with me and answering me ... Matlo, you are the best person in the world!