Updated Gimx from 6.11 to 7.9 - no longer working with PS3

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Breakerofthings

Updated Gimx from 6.11 to 7.9 - no longer working with PS3

Post by Breakerofthings »

Hello,

I have a TIAO GBoard running gimx, and I recently updated it from version 6.11 to 7.9 - It is now unresponsive when I hook it up to my PS3. The keyboard and mouse do not respond, but no errors are shown when I hit the start button on the gimx launcher. I have tried to plug in the gimx before and after starting up the PS3 with no response.

I went back to 6.11 - and the problem disappeared. I made no logs during the circumstance to report what was happening, but I will check back in on this thread and if any gimx staff are interested in troubleshooting it - I can reinstall 7.9 get a log and post the results.

Other than this update Gimx has performed exceedingly well, thank you for your continued efforts.
Matlo

Re: Updated Gimx from 6.11 to 7.9 - no longer working with PS3

Post by Matlo »

Hello,

There was a change in GIMX 7.6 that requires a firmware update:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2632
GIMX creator
Breakerofthings

Re: Updated Gimx from 6.11 to 7.9 - no longer working with PS3

Post by Breakerofthings »

Before upgrading I read all the notes on the releases after 6.11 and thought maybe the notes about 7.6 had some factor in this, they did - thank you for the link. The primary problem was the location of the firmware folder that the TIAO board/Atmel Flip was reading the firmware from - after double checking the file path and updating the firmware there everything is working fine at 7.9

Thank you for the prompt response and assistance