(Xbox One)(RPI) Gimx exits when guide button is pressed

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Josh

(Xbox One)(RPI) Gimx exits when guide button is pressed

Post by Josh »

Ok so I am running the latest version of Gimx on raspbian stretch, I am using the homemade adapter using an Arduino Leonardo and the CP2102 ttl to usb adapter. The adapter is running the atmega32u4.hex. When I run Gimx with my fortnite config I get to the point when it tells me to press guide to activate the controller, once I do this nothing happens to the Gimx screen but it does let me control my xbox with my mouse and keyboard. However when I press the guide button again it exits Gimx, this also happens by itself sometimes if I leave for a bit. I have been looking on google for about 3 hours now and found similar articles but none of there solutions have worked for me, please help. Thanks.

https://pastebin.com/bdBteuB8
Matlo

Re: (Xbox One)(RPI) Gimx exits when guide button is pressed

Post by Matlo »

The cause is probably that the guide button of the input controller is not bind to the guide button of the output/emulated controller.
You can either add a binding, or not use the controller at all (except for the activation).
GIMX creator
Josh

Post by Josh »

What do you mean? What I do when I try to start gimx is, start my rpi,plug the controller in to the pi, plug the adapter into the Xbox then plug it into the pi, after that I open gimx and hit start. What I have to do right after I start it is exit gimx because when I plug my Xbox controller into rpi it auto turns on and exiting it turns the controller off. Then I start gimx again and I get to the point where it askes me to activate the controller, so I press the button on my keyboard that I have bound to the guide button and then the gimx screen, the gimx screen stays frozen on press the activation button but I can control my Xbox for a limited amount of time. If i try to hit the guide button on the controller nothing happens, it only works if I press the guide button on the keyboard. I can send pics if you want and or I can post a vid on YouTube.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Please make another log file. Reproduce the issue while generating the log file.
GIMX creator
Josh

Post by Josh »

https://pastebin.com/yNuWAvKx

Ok here is is, when it says guide (225) thats me pressing L on my keyboard. You can see in my config that I have L bound to the guide button. What happens is I press L on the keyboard to activate the controller, then I press L again and it shuts off my controller and says that the controller disconnected (error message).
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

You may need to press guide button for 3-5 seconds. Try this
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Josh

Post by Josh »

Tried that, still has the same issue.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Got anymore ideas?
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

No for now, keep in mind that RPI support is still experimental, there may be bugs like that. We recommend using Linux/Windows machine for now.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Please try with the XOnePadUsb.xml config and check if it behaves the same. This may help understanding the issue.
GIMX creator