(Ubuntu)(Xone) Gimx cant download firmwares on arduino

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Josh

(Ubuntu)(Xone) Gimx cant download firmwares on arduino

Post by Josh »

Alright so I previously had Gimx working and I had downloaded the adapter drivers on my raspberry pi (which I abandoned as you can read in a previous topic) and for some reason the software got corrupted so I went to the help tab and clicked update firmware, and then followed the procedure like I had done the first time on my rpi, but this time no mater what I do it always says no new usb detected within 10 seconds. the lights flash on the Arduino like its going to download but then the error pops up. I have tried different cables, and reinstalling gimx. I would prefer not to just go back to my rpi because i would have to completely reinstall the operating system and start over. the "hard way" doesn't seem to work either because Ubuntu wont install the software. Any ides?
GoDlike

Re: (Ubuntu)(Xone) Gimx cant download firmwares on arduino

Post by GoDlike »

It is unlikely for the firmware to just "get corrupted" without any reason. If you are correctly reconnecting the main usb cable when gimx-loader asks then it may be a hardware adapter fault. Is this official adapter? What is the currently loaded FW?
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Josh

Re: (Ubuntu)(Xone) Gimx cant download firmwares on arduino

Post by Josh »

Ok, so I got a little impatient so I ended up just reinstalling gimx on rpi(btw all you have to do is type the url into google and then open it, you don’t have to use terminal, may be helpful to put into the rpi guide) then I plugged my homemade adapter in and loaded the xone software and it worked, no problem.