Mouse.. missing?

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Matlo

Re: Mouse.. missing?

Post by Matlo »

For such quick and fast movements it won't help.
GIMX creator
Forbidden Era

Post by Forbidden Era »

farcry 5, sensitivity in game all the way up, 3.8 in gimx 100hz thru launcher seems to work fine in this case

I did notice in this game that tracking isn't 1:1 at certain points and I was wondering what the default acceleration curve looks like and if we could some how curve match games.. I mean it seems to test translation at four speeds, even if we can adjust the speed at those four points and interopolate in between..

I've been meaning to take a look at the code soon here :)
Forbidden Era

Post by Forbidden Era »

Matlo wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:36 pm Thanks for the video and logs.

This is exactly what I said, there is no way to move a stick farther than its physical limits. With a stick value in [-127,127], if your mouse movement translates to a stick value of let's say 184, the resulting stick value will be 127 anyway.

The only thing you can do is to set in-game sensitivity to the maximum, which is a rule of thumb with mouse and keyboards adapters.
But what it feels like is happening is that say my mouse inputs 184, (as per your example, I'll use the same scale), the stick movement is 0!

I would be absolutely happy if the stick movement was indeed 127 when the input exceeds that (and it seems that is the case if it exceeds it by a little bit, eg 140), but instead, motion stops dead completely.
Forbidden Era

Post by Forbidden Era »

I was also curious why I read it's recommended to only adjust sensitivity and not DPI for 'slowing down' like for aiming or something, at least on my mouse, I have a button set to put the DPI to lowest for aiming and it seems to work just fine..?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

It's definitely not falling to 0 for movements above the limit. Check the logs.
The code that clamps the value is here: https://github.com/matlo/GIMX/blob/v7.1 ... ds4.c#L241

Not sure what you have read, but wiki recommends high DPI values:
https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Gu ... quirements
And there is no need to lower DPI while aiming, GIMX has profiles for this.
GIMX creator
Forbidden Era

Post by Forbidden Era »

Lucashsmello wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:13 pm Using refresh period of 5 milliseconds (if possible) may helps for this situation. The default is 10 milliseconds.
In command line, use option "--refresh 5".
I tried different refresh rates, didn't seem to make a difference.

Although, in FarCry 5 where the problem is less pronounced/non existant, setting the refresh rate above about 125hz results in super glitchy sketchy glitchiness. Fun!

125hz seemed smoother than 100hz.. tried 166hz and fail. anything above is fail too.
Forbidden Era

Post by Forbidden Era »

Matlo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:01 pm It's definitely not falling to 0 for movements above the limit. Check the logs.
The code that clamps the value is here: https://github.com/matlo/GIMX/blob/v7.1 ... ds4.c#L241

Not sure what you have read, but wiki recommends high DPI values:
https://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Gu ... quirements
And there is no need to lower DPI while aiming, GIMX has profiles for this.
Yes, that is what I was referring to.. I don't notice any performance degradation when using my mouses DPI shift function to shift the DPI down to 1/10th (250 of max 2500).. I suppose there is no 'need' since GIMX has profiles, which is nice that it can auto-enable when aiming, but if I wanted to use it when hip fire, I'd have to map something to change profiles for that or something.. I suppose the performance degradation comes when you up the sensitivity at lower DPIs.

I didn't pour through the output.. but you can see near the end of the video, although I move the mouse just as far physically, I only move a few degrees in game (which I assume is movement picked up during the acceleration and deceleration portions of my movement where the speed isn't above the supposed "clipping" threshold that I am seeing/feeling).. the speed of the movement shouldn't effect where I land, aside from issues with 1:1 translation..

I wanted to think that maybe if it isn't in the logs it's further up the input chain but that doesn't make sense with me not seeing it much if at all in farcry5...
Forbidden Era

Post by Forbidden Era »

Was also wondering if there was a way to have acceleration on the left stick, like not always go full stick..

was thinking it would be cool in some games to have a modifier key set to only push the stick half way, to walk slower..

or if you had a bit of acceleration you could tap the button to walk slower, while holding it you'd go full speed shortly after..

from what I've seen in the editor I'd think the modifier to go half way should be possible already but I don't know about acceleration

thanks for all your responses btw :D so nice when people support stuffs :)
Forbidden Era

Post by Forbidden Era »

hmm I just checked and seems like it's not possible..? I can only set buttons to full stick..

would be nice to set an accel value on button assigns and a max stick value
then i can create a 2nd profile, assigned to 'shift' or something, 1st profile sends max stick, 2nd profile sends half stick or something.

acceleration as I said would be cool too on buttons.. I mean you wouldn't notice walking forward if there was a slight accel curve (definable, theres already an accel field) usually as long as the curve wasnt too slow but then if you tapped the button ('dithering' the input) you could actually walk slow, especially if the curve was averaged out...
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

No, it's possible. Please refer "axis intensity" function.
PS4 enthusiast.