PS3 not detecting inputs.

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
gimxfanboy

PS3 not detecting inputs.

Post by gimxfanboy »

Hey guys,

(Windows Vista 32bit, not Linux)

So I received the pre-built USB kit from Matlo. The Kit works perfectly fine, I know it. The LED shines brightly, and in the Calibration GUI the inputs are detected on the PC.

However it seems that my PS3, although it knows my USB Kit is there (as my other wireless controller is assigned as '2') for some reason nothing is working. I have tried absolutely everything, I have even re-installed the Firmware umega32, disconnected, reconnected. Everything.

I press all the buttons that would usually move the XMB left or right, yet it doesn't work. The keyboard isn't the issue as on Linux I used the Bluetooth dongle and I remember it working. I haven't tested the Bluetooth again as my Computer hates Linux now......

Any ideas?

I did it like this.

Install Teensy drivers, plug in USB Kit. Download APTEL (forgot the name :P) firmware loader and installed the correct hex file. (Around 28kb in size I think).

Next, I put the USB side for the PS3, in the PS3.

I started EMU client, and the PS3 SHOULD have turned on, right?

It didn't so I turned on my PS3 using wireless controller, it was recognised as controller 2.

It doesn't work. Then I even re-plugged everything, still no deal...

Any fixes and ideas would be REALLY appreciated.

:'(

Note:
Slim PS3 240GB,
Original Controller.
Everything plugged in CORRECTLY.
3.5GB Ram.
AMD Phenom X4
HD 5670
Windows Vista x32
HIGH5

Re: PS3 not detecting inputs.

Post by HIGH5 »

If its cp2102 make sure to DL the driver and to load to correct firmware on the dev board.
Now connect the dev board to the ps3 and the converter to the pc -> run Sixemugui-serial
gimxfanboy

Post by gimxfanboy »

HIGH5 wrote:If its cp2102 make sure to DL the driver and to load to correct firmware on the dev board.
Now connect the dev board to the ps3 and the converter to the pc -> run Sixemugui-serial
Honestly dude, I've done exactly that.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Matlo wrote:What COM# do you have in the device manager for the cp2102?

If it is higher than or equal to COM10, it won't be correctly detected by sixemugui. Just change it to a lower value. This will be corrected in the next version (issue 97).
GIMX creator
gimxfanboy

Post by gimxfanboy »

Matlo wrote:
Matlo wrote:What COM# do you have in the device manager for the cp2102?

If it is higher than or equal to COM10, it won't be correctly detected by sixemugui. Just change it to a lower value. This will be corrected in the next version (issue 97).
It is COM4, on device manager. Oh and sorry about the PM, didn't know you were subbed to the entire forum lol.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

If you plug the thinnest cable to you PC, is there a joystick detected in the device manager?
GIMX creator
gimxfanboy

Post by gimxfanboy »

Matlo wrote:If you plug the thinnest cable to you PC, is there a joystick detected in the device manager?
Not really sure about the device manager thing, I'll check it out, but from what I can see the GUI/Sixemu as a whole, does seem to recognise my movement and inputs. Just the PS3 doesn't.

I'll screen shot for your pleasure soon!

Edit: Oh and what do you mean by thinnest? The shortest? I swear you told me the shortest goes to the PS3 and the longest to the PS3! - Yes the Shortest wire when I connect it to the PC it detects a Human Interface Device.
gimxfanboy

Post by gimxfanboy »

gimxfanboy wrote:
Matlo wrote:If you plug the thinnest cable to you PC, is there a joystick detected in the device manager?
Not really sure about the device manager thing, I'll check it out, but from what I can see the GUI/Sixemu as a whole, does seem to recognise my movement and inputs. Just the PS3 doesn't.

I'll screen shot for your pleasure soon!

Edit: Oh and what do you mean by thinnest? The shortest? I swear you told me the shortest goes to the PS3 and the longest to the PS3! - Yes the Shortest wire when I connect it to the PC it detects a Human Interface Device.
Hey guys, sorry, you won't believe it but for some reason I was wondering why my computer kept freezing when I assigned COM ports. It keep reverting them to COM 33! It is working again now, thanks Matlo. Assigned it to COM4 and deleted the RIM (Research in Motion I think :P) Serial Port that was hogging COM4.

Now I just have to smooth it out, I'm using your config Matlo for the G500. I've got the mouse :-) But its really jerky! And I wonder how to get rid of the Aim down sight low-sensitivity. Hmmmm :P
HIGH5

Post by HIGH5 »

gimxfanboy wrote:But its really jerky!
Make sure you are on 5700DPI
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

gimxfanboy wrote:And I wonder how to get rid of the Aim down sight low-sensitivity.
Your questions already have answers in the tutorials and in the FAQ. This one is answered in the Configuration and calibration tutorial.
GIMX creator