Question about Mouse acceleration test

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
SLAyER_0307

Question about Mouse acceleration test

Post by SLAyER_0307 »

"Press F6 to start a translation test. The sight will move horizontally at different speeds in both left and right directions. A 1:1 translation means the sight should come back near the start point. If it doesn't, use F7 and the mouse wheel to change the x acceleration value. Note that it's not always possible to get a 1:1 translation (this depends on the game)."

So I run the test and point my crosshair to somewhere specific. After pressing f6, the mouse moves to right with very slow speed and then turns to left with the same speed. I calculate the numbers in order to sight come back to starting point, but after the first two movement all other turns are not stopping where its supposed to be. They are all go like random and they seem to getting faster at turning speed at each test rather than staying at same right and left speed. So my calculations feels wrong, also its nowhere near configs on gimx site like official cod modernwarfare acceleration was 39 but with this method I found 0.71 but it felt really wrong. Am I understand something wrong about aim acceleration calibration ?

question plus 1: Can we assign a extra button on keyboard that doesnt available on ds4 ? Im trying to say, in battlefield 5 there is a lot of buttons that normally you cant use because of ds4 doesnt have that much button, can we do something with gimx to assign extra keys to keyboard ?
Matlo

Re: Question about Mouse acceleration test

Post by Matlo »

SLAyER_0307 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:05 pmI calculate the numbers in order to sight come back to starting point
Please explain what your calculation is.

Calibration generates mouse movements. It starts moving to the right for 0.5s, then to the left 2x faster but for 0.25s. It repeats this until max stick position is reached. Speed doubles each times the direction changes.
GIMX creator
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

Acceleration test: I'm usually tweak with my feel don't care about crosshair will back at the same place or not :D
battlefield 5 there is a lot of buttons that normally you cant use because of ds4 doesnt have that much button
Please give us an example.
PS4 enthusiast.
SLAyER_0307

Post by SLAyER_0307 »

kaiba_seto2004 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:02 pm Acceleration test: I'm usually tweak with my feel don't care about crosshair will back at the same place or not :D
battlefield 5 there is a lot of buttons that normally you cant use because of ds4 doesnt have that much button
Please give us an example.
I mean there is a map zoom buttons for bf 5 in the settings but normally you cant assign these buttons on ds4 beacuse there is not enough buttons on ds4. hope you understand.
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

GIMX emulates a dualshock 4. We can't have more buttons than the dualshock 4.
GIMX creator
kaiba_seto2004

Post by kaiba_seto2004 »

What is that button? Can you take screenshot about control layout in bf5. Since GoDlike has already created a config for BF5 we didn't see any complain about button binding.
PS4 enthusiast.
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Map zoom is on touchpad and it's bind to TAB.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
SLAyER_0307

Post by SLAyER_0307 »

Matlo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:56 pm GIMX emulates a dualshock 4. We can't have more buttons than the dualshock 4.
I was asking for this thanks.
SLAyER_0307

Post by SLAyER_0307 »

Matlo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:12 pm
SLAyER_0307 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:05 pmI calculate the numbers in order to sight come back to starting point
Please explain what your calculation is.

Calibration generates mouse movements. It starts moving to the right for 0.5s, then to the left 2x faster but for 0.25s. It repeats this until max stick position is reached. Speed doubles each times the direction changes.
so how should I calculate my accelereation for 1:1 or for closing 1:1 pc mouse feeling. What should I do after each move ?
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

Follow the instructions on the wiki, step by step. Make the steps in order. Don't skip any step or you will get it wrong.

And keep in mind that it is not always possible to get close to 1:1 translation...
GIMX creator