Mouse jitter, BSOD after driver update!

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Hiwyx

Mouse jitter, BSOD after driver update!

Post by Hiwyx »

Hello,

I just built my GIMX adapter today based on arduino micro pro and an CP2102. Uploaded firmware and until there everything went fine.
I am using a laptop under windows 10 and a Xbox One X, mouse is a Razer Orochi 2013.

I downloaded a game configuration for apex legends, adapted my DPI to 6400. I then ran the "curses" tool to adapt my configuration.
While the keyboard part works fine, I never got the mouse to have a decent respond, going slowly, it's decent, but if I move at normal speed, it has a lot of jitter. I then tried with HALO 5 and have the same problem.

I then thought well, maybe the Orochi actually doesn't go to 6400DPI without the Razer tool, so I installed Razer Synapse and I now get a BSOD each time I start GIMX capture, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. WhoCrashed gives me this :

Code: Select all

On Tue 14/05/2019 21:21:19 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\051419-12562-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1AA0A0) 
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF801C8F606F1, 0x0, 0x18)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. 
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver. 
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. 

I can't get GIMX to work anymore... Anyone had similar problem? Is there a fix?
Matlo

Re: Mouse jitter, BSOD after driver update!

Post by Matlo »

On first sight it seems to be a crash caused by a Windows driver.

Is your Windows up to date? Check if there is any update to apply.

Also if you are using USB 3.0 ports, try using USB 2.0 ports if you can.
GIMX creator