Ps3 starts but do not recognize commands

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Matteo0991

Ps3 starts but do not recognize commands

Post by Matteo0991 »

First of all i'm italian so exscuse me for my poor english. Anyway, i had a problem. The software works and the dongle that i used is correctly set. When i star the emuclient the ps3 start (i hear the little bip) but nothing that i type seems to be ricognized by the ps3 (but in the pc screen anything wors fine and the client or the terminal shows that i'm pressing the keys). Am i missing something in the process? someone could help me?
Thank for any help and again sorry for my english. By the way awesome work :)
Matlo

Re: Ps3 starts but do not recognize commands

Post by Matlo »

What's the dongle model? What are the manufacturer and chip version? These are displayed in gimx-bluetooth.
GIMX creator
Matteo0991

Post by Matteo0991 »

The dongle is a "olivetti blootooth" that i found in my house. the manufacturer is "Cambrige Silicon Radio (10)" and the chip model is "BlueCore-02 External". The blootooth seems working infact the ps3 turns on. I'm using a laptop and trying to use the built in keyboard and an external mause. i'm not shure if could be the mause & keyboard configuration the problem.
EDIT: I'm also having this error message and i can't understand how to fix it "A device name is empty. Multiple mice and keyboards are not managed."

EDIT 2 Ok i figured out the problem and now the ps3 works and the controls are recognized. The problem now is that i'm having very bad lag issues. like 8 seconds of lag. I closed every application and followed the advices in the faq. the problem is only the dongle or may be other solutions to decrease the lag. Thanks for the support by the way
Cybereu

Post by Cybereu »

I had a huge lag time ago like yours, when I was using a kernel different from the ubuntu generic kernel.
Matteo0991

Post by Matteo0991 »

umh i'm not 100% shure (i'm new in the linux world and i have installed it using the application wubi developed for ubuntu 11.10 and using the function that install the system as an "application" of windows) but i think that my ubuntu is using the generic kernel. I tried now to use the 2d version but nothing changed. thanks fot the advice aanyway :)
Cybereu

Post by Cybereu »

Could you use ubuntu live cd (run without install it), install GIMX and test it ?
Matteo0991

Post by Matteo0991 »

Not this week but i think that in the weekend i could try :) thanks for the suggestion! I will inform you here as soon as i try :)
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

CSR bluecore02 may not work reliably. You should try with a CSR bluecore04 dongle.
GIMX creator
lzap

Post by lzap »

Matteo0991 wrote:EDIT 2 Ok i figured out the problem and now the ps3 works and the controls are recognized.
Can you please describe what the problem was? I am in the same situation with a CSR bluecore04 dongle. What did you do?
ajcrm125

Post by ajcrm125 »

Same here. PS3 fires up but nothing after that. But an occational keypress gets recognized like 0.001% of the time. :(
-Adam
===================
http://www.onecircuit.com
===================