[SOLVED] Weird Errors....

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
Tylegn

[SOLVED] Weird Errors....

Post by Tylegn »

First off, thanks for this wonderful software.

Here's my problem. I just installed Ubuntu 12.04 on a dell netbook. GIMX is installed correctly (for the most part.) The problem I'm having is the its not connecting to the PS3 through BT when using the admin profile. It works wonderfully on the guest profile, but the guest profile doesn't save anything and I have to set everything up from the start.

Aslo, I notice that when I start in in the guest profile a programs starts in the bar on the left, yet it doesn't when I try from the admin profile. Thinking that's the problem. (emuclient not starting?)

How can I get this neato stuff to work on the admin profile. (as a side note, I know very little about linux, but am very good with comps in general.)

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tylegn

EDIT*

Another thing to note is that the very first time I used it in the admin profile, it worked beautifully. I don't know what happened after that, but it hasn't worked in admin since.
Matlo

Re: Wierd Errors....

Post by Matlo »

You should try with Ubuntu 11.10 (12.04 = beta version), and you should not use the root account.

Did you read the FAQ? Maybe your problem is related to bad file permissions.
GIMX creator
Tylegn

Post by Tylegn »

Thanks for the reply.

I did read the FAQs and my file permissions appear to be correct. I will try load Ubuntu 11.10, and get back to you.

Thanks for your great work on this program, and taking your personal time to help us out with our problems!
Tylegn

Post by Tylegn »

Works perfectly now. Thanks Malto!!!
Tylegn

Re: [SOLVED] Weird Errors....

Post by Tylegn »

Ok, so it worked once then started doing the same thing.

When I click the Start with Autostart emuclient, nothing happens. The mouse isn't grabbed and the window begins to fade. I have to force close the window and try again. Still nothing.

I've tried this from both the admin profile and a standard user profile.

What next?
Tylegn

Re: [SOLVED] Weird Errors....

Post by Tylegn »

My problem was apparently issue 156 as I read invictuzz post, tried his fix and it fixed mine. Sorry for the waste of time'