Some important problems and questions

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
attackroot

Some important problems and questions

Post by attackroot »

So I have made a DIY USB Adapter and everything works perfectly with mouse and keyboard:

But I have some problems:

While playing killzone 2 or killzone 3 in the campaign mode there is a part in which you need to plant c4 and another where you need to turn a wheel while using the sixaxis is this only be able to work into the Ubuntu mode with bluetooth or the usb adapter isn't supported?

Also another problem I have encountered:

While using a Madcatz fightstick that is completely working with my computer and calibrated when I put it into gimx only the buttons work but not the stick you can't go up down left and right I make it auto-detect and apply the settings but it doesn't work this I want to use for fighting games but it doesn't work

Now for the questions:

I would like to know 5 things:

First can I use my madcatz fightstick into ubuntu and emulate it to play on ps3? The madcatz fightstick is the one for the ps3 and works on my laptop the reason I want to use it is to change the buttons and remap them to another places and for different purposes

Second can the Madcatz fightstick be switched with a bluetooth way so that it change the address and detect it correctly because right now it isnt detecting it

Third If I use the bluetooth way does the ps3 think that I really have sixaxis enabled because some games like killzone 2 use motion sensors of the six axis so I want to know since it doesn't work on the DIY USB adapter does it work on bluetooth on ubuntu? and if yes does it make it in a way that the ps3 thinks that my keyboard and mouse are really a sixaxis? Is there a way that the motion sensors can work?

Fourth: Is there a way to add motion sensors to a keyboard you would probably need to dissasemble it no? and then do some soldering etc?

Final: Can you use the ps3 controller without have to re-assign the controller to controller 1 and finish using the killzone 2 part and killzone 3 part where you need to use the sixaxis motion sensors ?

Can it be done on the diy usb adapter or only for the bluetooth dongle?
Matlo

Re: Some important problems and questions

Post by Matlo »

The usb adapter emulates a standard joystick, not a sixaxis, which means no motion control.
The only way to have motion controls is to emulate a sixaxis.
GIMX+bluetooth could send motion controls as it emulates a sixaxis, but there still is some work to do.

Regarding to your problem using the madcatz fightstick in Ubuntu, please copy the content of your config and paste it in a post.
GIMX creator
attackroot

Post by attackroot »

Matlo

Post by Matlo »

There is nothing configured for the sticks (gimx-config -> Axis tab).
GIMX creator
attackroot

Post by attackroot »

When I used to have something in there it would say that it isn't possible to support multiplaye keyboards or something like that that is why I removed the keyboard from there
Matlo

Post by Matlo »

That's because you modified a config that was build for a FPS game.
You can delete the bindings and the trigger in the profile 2 (which is used for ADS in FPS games).

The up/down/right/left controls in the Button tab are d-pad buttons.
You have to bind some buttons or axes to the left/right sticks in the Axis tab.
GIMX creator