Two dongles not working or misunderstood.

Need help? Ask here and someone will help
fx4m

Two dongles not working or misunderstood.

Post by fx4m »

I want to emulate two controllers on my PS3 from one keyboard. I could use two keyboards if that is necessary, but I haven't found any descriptions of using two dongles.

If I run gmix-bluetooth with two dongles plugged in, it only shows one of them. If I plug in each dongle separately then they both work fine. Both USB ports work.

The config file has two lines, one for each six axis controller that I plugged in to the laptop.

gimx-bluetooth 0.51
PS3 (slim)
Ubuntu 10.11 32 bits
SMK-LINK class 2 V3.0+EDR VP6493
Laptop built-in keyboard
Borderlands 2
Matlo

Re: Two dongles not working or misunderstood.

Post by Matlo »

Do your dongles have the same bluetooth address?
This could make Ubuntu fail at initializing the second dongle.
GIMX creator
fx4m

Re: Two dongles not working or misunderstood.

Post by fx4m »

They have different addresses. But anyway, it is working now and I don't really understand why (although if it keeps working, I don't care). Here is what I did.

Initially used dongle 1, worked fine. Don't remember if I booted with it plugged in or live inserted later (I think the later).

With 1 plugged in at boot, I later inserted 2 (and restarted gimx-bluetooth) and it didn't work. The little blue blinking LED on 2 was not blinking.

I pulled out 1 and rebooted with only 2 plugged in and that worked.

So then figuring maybe I had to have them plugged in at boot, I plugged in both and rebooted and both worked.

So I did an experiment where where only 2 was plugged in at boot and I live inserted 1 later. This also worked, much to my surprise.

I don't get it, but whatever, it works now.