A suggestion or two.

Have something you would like to say? let us know.
uwontprevail

A suggestion or two.

Post by uwontprevail »

Awesome job guys. I love how Gimx works.

These are just suggestions to make it a bit more user friendly.

Have a picture of a ps3 controller or xbox , and have the ability to assign keys from that, or make a simpler version of it. (not really something that is needed, but is a nice touch)

other than that, you guys are doing an amazing job.
Last edited by uwontprevail on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McKack

Re: A suggestion or two.

Post by McKack »

Indeed, I've been thinking this too. Probably for later development, but yeah, as
some people might find the whole assigning process a bit daunting even though it's fairly simple, it would be a good idea.

The current way of configuration would be "Advanced" and an image-guided configuration would be "Basic".

How the Eagle Eye does it:

Or the ePSXe emulator:
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
uwontprevail

Post by uwontprevail »

McKack wrote:Indeed, I've been thinking this too. Probably for later development, but yeah, as
some people might find the whole assigning process a bit daunting even though it's fairly simple, it would be a good idea.

The current way of configuration would be "Advanced" and an image-guided configuration would be "Basic".

How the Eagle Eye does it:

Or the ePSXe emulator:
Amazing.. its like we think alike.

I was hesitating to post the eagle eye picture.

I was about to go buy the eagle eye the day i saw your video on youtube.

You saved me 70 bucks

I thank you sir.
cldfusion

Post by cldfusion »

I was thinking about this topic myself:)
I think it would be neat if you could plug in your ps3 controller and hit a detect button on 6axisconfig and have it read the state of the controller and assign a button from that(rather than the dropbox). It would speed up config making by a large deal :)
uwontprevail

Post by uwontprevail »

cldfusion wrote:I was thinking about this topic myself:)
I think it would be neat if you could plug in your ps3 controller and hit a detect button on 6axisconfig and have it read the state of the controller and assign a button from that(rather than the dropbox). It would speed up config making by a large deal :)
It is something that i would put pretty low on the priority list.

Because it only takes a few minutes to set up the controls.

and once you have em set up, you are done.
McKack

Post by McKack »

uwontprevail wrote:I was hesitating to post the eagle eye picture.
It should be fine, purely educational and inspirational purposes :) What I shouldn't be doing though is hotlinking images (especially not from the penguin united forums, woops) *fixing*
My Config Repository | PSN: McKack - Steam: McKack - XBL: Ozukaki | Config Post Template
uwontprevail

Post by uwontprevail »

McKack wrote:
uwontprevail wrote:I was hesitating to post the eagle eye picture.
It should be fine, purely educational and inspirational purposes :) What I shouldn't be doing though is hotlinking images (especially not from the penguin united forums, woops) *fixing*
That is all true and all.

But the people at penguin united don't care about how good their device works.

IT is so glitchy, and they are doing nothing to fix it.

but the people there think it is a god send, and think that is the best it will get.
McKack

Post by McKack »

Yeah, seems to be the case with a bunch of adapter developers, unfortunately. I'm also just wary in general of those kinds of adapters since I used the XFPS 3.0 Sniper back in my COD4 days on the Xbox 360 and it was pretty much useless.
The only adapter I ever really considered was the XIM, but then along came the Sixaxis Emulator/GIMX :)
cldfusion

Post by cldfusion »

I used XIM up until now, and it's really the best adapter out there. The Xim3 has perfect 1:1 translation because they use computer vision to make their smart translators, but they're neglecting the ps3. My xim1's translation feels better than Gimx so far, but Gimx has a lot going for it (Better configs, faster response time, open source) I'm sure it will eventually match and surpass the performance of xim2.
uwontprevail

Post by uwontprevail »

cldfusion wrote:I used XIM up until now, and it's really the best adapter out there. The Xim3 has perfect 1:1 translation because they use computer vision to make their smart translators, but they're neglecting the ps3. My xim1's translation feels better than Gimx so far, but Gimx has a lot going for it (Better configs, faster response time, open source) I'm sure it will eventually match and surpass the performance of xim2.
Wow dude, i have used my friends xim3 and have used the GIMX, and honestly i can't tell too much of a difference right now.

You just need to get the settings correct, and you should be able to match the xim3.

Smart translators don't have a huge advantage over using deadzone. the only time smart translators are better are when the deadzone is not circular or rectangular.

Also the xim3 is 180 bucks plus shipping and tax.

150 for xim3, and 30-40 for wired xbox controller.

GIMX is free =D