Logitech Driving Force...not Pro or GT model for PS4 please?

Post or request custom configuration files.
Mopar_Matt

Logitech Driving Force...not Pro or GT model for PS4 please?

Post by Mopar_Matt »

Hello,

I have just received my official GMIX adaptor so I can use my old wheel for the new Gran Tourismo on PS4,

I have been trying to get it to work with my original Logitech Driving Force (original model with blue sections on the wheel) its not a Pro or GT model,

I have hacked the .xml files on the GT version and sort of got it to do some very basic functions,

I was wondering if anyone has written or modded an existing file to suit this model whell please?

The GMIX launcher still says the 'Logitech Driving Force USB (0) joystick is not present but will launch and sort of kind of work in a rough way,

peddles dont respond, throttle is on full all the time,

D pad does change gears, the X buttons don't really work, the steering does work,

the paddles dont work....

this is my first day with this so am a bit lost with how to mod this to function better, i was hoping someone may have already battled this one.

Thanks,

Matt.
Matlo

Re: Logitech Driving Force...not Pro or GT model for PS4 please?

Post by Matlo »

Hi,

You should not hack a config file with a text editor.
You should edit it using gimx-config instead.
In gimx-launcher, select the config, and click on "File>Edit config".
Let's say that you took the DFGT config.
Replace all the DFGT mappings in the "Button" and "Axis" tabs: click on a line, click on "Modify", click on "Auto-detect", activate the Driving Force control, and click on "Apply".
Then save the config.

Please share the resulting config so that I can add it to the ones available for download.
GIMX creator
Mopar_Matt

Post by Mopar_Matt »

Hi Matlo,

Yes using a text editor is not good bit like using an axe to sharpen a pencil!

I will follow your directions and report back with new file,

many thanks for the assistance mate!

Cheers,

Matt
ClevinStorm

Post by ClevinStorm »

Hi Matt,
from your wheel description it looks like you are using the Logitech Driving Force EX, the same wheel I am using. I just posted a config for it here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2354&p=13133#p13133. Let me know if it works, or share yours if you made your own config so I can see if yours is better maybe?