[Config][XOne] Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

Post or request custom configuration files.
Pityke

Re: [Config][XOne] Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Pityke »

I don't know...

If I set Aim Acceleration to 0 calibration mode works properly even if I'm in ADS. Unfortunately 1:1 translation is still not possible due to the time-based acceleration. So I tried to build a config whick is almost 1:1 (and hopefully in the future we can fully turn of the acceleration to achive 1:1), and I noticed the following.

In case of slow mouse movements everything looks great. But the fast movements are slower than the slows. I try to explain.

If I move the mouse really slowly the cross moves also really slowly. When I'm increasing the speed the cross moves faster (almost 1:1) but if I increase the mouse speed more, the cross speed suddenly falls drastically.

I'm wondering if maybe due to the game mechanics and the early access state my mouse is not enough. It's a G602 with max DPI of 2500 and 500Hz polling rate. For PC gaming it's on of the best wireless mouses under 100EUR, but probably 2500DPI is not high enough to gimx.

I'm trying to borrow a wired gaming mouse (e.g.: G502) because if the mouse is the root of the problem I will buy an another, but till I'm not sure I don't want to spend 100-150EUR for nothing. :roll:
GoDlike

Post by GoDlike »

Generally the higher DPI the better but low DPI causes jerkiness, not weird mouse slowdowns.

For the technical side of how acceleration, sensitivity works we should ask @Matlo as he's creating software side.

If input system of the game literally sucks, there's not much we can do about it (see Fallout 4). You should just try to achieve best possible results, 1:1 translation is not always possible. As you can see in Config Index there are some configs with "Average" or "Bad" rating and it does not mean config author was lazy, game's input system just doesn't allow better translation.
My hardware: PS3 Slim CFW 4.80 | PS4 Pro 500 Million LE | PS5 | Xbox Series X
Steam: Godlike_RU | PSN: GoDlike_RU | XBL: GoDlike
Pityke

Post by Pityke »

I'm not sure if it's the input system, because I have seen some gameplay with XIM4 and it looked good except the translation caused by the time-based acceleration.

I browsed the XIM forum today, and people cannot decide which acceleration setup is good. Someone says that 0 is the perfect, someone said if you set it to 10 there is no acceleration at all.

It could be sounds strange but In my opinion the correct setup if the aim acceleration is 10 (so it kicks in without "wind up time" for a very little movement) the in-game sensitivity is not max and somehow I should disable the first 10-15% of the input range (the data the Arduino sends to the xbox). So I tried to play with the deadzones, but I'm just guessing because I don't know much about the technical side of the gimx. :roll:
Pityke

Post by Pityke »

So probably the problem is with the mouse. The sensor in the G602 is aligned with 90 degrees, and because of that it could be instabile in 2500 DPI. Also I think due to this and the wireless communication and the 500 Hz polling (Gimx runs at constant 285Hz according to the courses window) maybe (but I’m not sure) sometimes polls are missing in case of high acceleration.

So for an experiment I downloaded Battlefield 1, set up acceleration to 0, and everything else to max. After some calibration the translation was close to 1:1 aaaand I have experienced the exact same behaviour as in PUBG. In case of high mouse speed (high PCS) the aim slowed down and went jerky.

With my old A4-Tech X710 (1600DPI, 250Hz) the aim and the precision was still better in case of fast mouse movements. Everything else was crap but at least (I hope) I figured out the problem. So it looks like I cannot post the fill config until I buy a usable mouse.

I will try to post the full config (with a more or less correct mouse setup) the modified macros and a binding map and some “user manual” for the config. :)
Dshero345

Post by Dshero345 »

Hey man.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :P :P :P :P FINALLY got this working on my setup (my problem was not with your configuration but with ubuntu not letting me change my mouse poll rate :roll: :roll: :roll: - solved that by setting up on a raspbian stretch box) played my first game with your profile, just tweaked the y mapping, and had no issues at all - thanks for making this available!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RickyZhao

Post by RickyZhao »

Hello, I have a question.I modified some of the buttons in this config for me to use.However, rotating the view while the character is moving feels a bit slow, just as there is a display delay. I modified the dpi of the mouse or modified the sensitivity of GIMX to improve. This feeling can also be felt when using a sight or moving the mouse with a Mechanical sighting. So I want to know where is the problem, how do I modify,thanks